Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > My Ariens 824 doesn't throw far -- what gives?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
nikonking

My Ariens 824 doesn't throw far -- what gives?
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 10:07 am
Hi All,

Let's me first start by saying I'm a moron, who is only minimally mechanically inclined.  I can handle basic repair jobs, but please use small words in your suggestions to me.

That being said, I purchased a used Ariens 824 this past month.  It's got a bit of rust but the things starts on the first pull, and the gear systems seem to be in fine working order.  However, I had the chance to use it for the first time this week (we finally got snow) and while it does pick up and throw the snow, it only throws it a few feet.  So it ends up having to rethrow the very snow I blew from the driveway a few feet over.  I know enough about machines like this to realize that something is definitely not right here.  Especially when I hear some of you folks talk about this machine throwing 40' !!

Can any of you offer suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

-Ron in Michigan
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42