Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro Snowthrower CR20E

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Snowy123

Toro Snowthrower CR20E
Original Message   Oct 11, 2007 7:48 pm
Hi to all:

Just joined this forum. Find very informative. Thanks.

My question is this. I just bought a Toro Snowthrower. It shows on it CR 20E. I take it this is the model. Anyway, I don't know how old it is but starts and works no problem. Blows alittle oil but I corrected that by putting in the right fuel mixture. I took the cover off the belt. I find it very loose. I don't know how to tighten it or if it has to be. I'm asking if anyone ever had this model. There isn't much to them as I believe there usage is for walkways, paths or very light snow. Any information would be appreciated up here in Cold Nova Scotia, Canada. Thanks for your time and information.

Steve

Replies: 11 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
buttlint

Re: Toro Snowthrower CR20E
Reply #11   Dec 4, 2007 12:59 am
This should make life much easier.
This is the view from the top of the carb, with the cover removed.
The throttle lever should move freely when you turn it back and forth with your finger. (engine not running)
If it sticks you can usually free it up by turning it open and closed a few times.  If that doesnt do it then removing and cleaning the carb is the next step.

Tzivy

Reply #12   Dec 21, 2008 2:07 pm
I have a Toro CR20E Snowblower that I have not used for ages.  I am trying to use it and I forget how to start it and what to put in it.  I put in gas but what kind of oil do I use?  How do I start it?  I can't find an owners manual.  It is Model 55420.  Thanks
Tzivy

Reply #13   Dec 21, 2008 2:08 pm
What oil do I use for Medel 55420 CR20E  How do I start it?
byersr

Reply #14   Dec 22, 2008 4:31 pm
I have an old (CR20) rope start from 1987.  The fuel/oil mix on it is 32/1.  Good old machine but pretty worn out.  I just purchased a Husqvarna 5021 to replace it.  Rick.
Replies: 11 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42