Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > engines

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
shawn440

engines
Original Message   Feb 18, 2007 8:43 am
i have an older model sears snowblower and the engine is a 7hp and really old i have a tecumseh 8hp engine will it fit on the sears frame because its coming off a yard machines snowblower built by mtd. i don't no wat type of engine the 7hp is i believe its a tecumseh too but i don't know if i can take the 7hp off and bolt the 8hp on too it. i need some major help
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
joshmech90

everything needs more power and nothing is powerful enough

Re: engines
Reply #3   Aug 20, 2007 1:06 am
i would guess its the OHV verses the L-head that made the difference. they tend to do that.

down with flatheads so we can finally get out of last century and welcome in the new age of OHV/OHC motors who are supirior in al ways!
nibbler

Re: engines
Reply #4   Aug 20, 2007 11:29 am
I would guess its the OHV that makes the difference. I've also read that the OHVs are quieter. I always wear ear muffs and sometime have plugs in as well and they all sound the same to me .
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42