Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snow Bird Freebie!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Majorxlr8n

Snow Bird Freebie!
Original Message   Jan 16, 2005 1:35 am
Picked up this & a Craftsman line trimmer for ZILCH last Sunday:

Looks to be an early 1960's Snow Bird model 224, 4hp, 2 stage machine. All it needed to get it running was a new ignition condensor, but it burns a bit of oil (she's got the BLUES after 35+ years of service). The previous owner put idler pulleys on it to replace the skid shoes at the front. Wish we had some darned snow so I could check this thing out!

The trimmer had loose head bolts keeping it from running - tightened them up, restrung the line spool, and VOILA - it runs very nicely!

Two more unwanted OPE saved from the scrap heap...

Marty

This message was modified Jan 16, 2005 by Majorxlr8n

Replies: 6 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
rond

Re: Snow Bird Freebie!
Reply #6   Apr 29, 2007 8:48 pm
does anyone know who makes the snowbird s-262 snowthrower? i picked one up runs great[its old] just needs 2 drive belts ,,where can i get parts???thanks  ron
Moderator Denis

Reply #7   Apr 29, 2007 9:22 pm
rond wrote:
does anyone know who makes the snowbird s-262 snowthrower? i picked one up runs great[its old] just needs 2 drive belts ,,where can i get parts???thanks  ron

Hi Rond and welcome to the forum

If you want parts for old snowbird, there's a site that specialize in the http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SnowBirdSnowblowers/ You can find there, manual, diagram etc.

Good Luck

This message was modified Apr 29, 2007 by Denis

clarky

Out with the new in with the old !

Reply #8   May 21, 2007 10:33 pm
Hi All,

Just joined up and I too own a Sno-Bird. It is a model S225 complete minus air cleaner. Was left for dead in the town dump last weekend. I had it running well the day after I got it. But I still need to do some carb work. I have know idea what the H.P. is or the age,I would appreciate any help. It is in fine shape. It looks similar to the photo posted but mine has a hood over the entire motor with Sno-Bird on the front and has a carb mounted gas tank. Thanks!

Moderator Denis

Reply #9   May 21, 2007 10:50 pm
clarky wrote:
Hi All,

Just joined up and I too own a Sno-Bird. It is a model S225 complete minus air cleaner. Was left for dead in the town dump last weekend. I had it running well the day after I got it. But I still need to do some carb work. I have know idea what the H.P. is or the age,I would appreciate any help. It is in fine shape. It looks similar to the photo posted but mine has a hood over the entire motor with Sno-Bird on the front and has a carb mounted gas tank. Thanks!

clarky

If you want parts for old snowbird, there's a site that specialize in the http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SnowBirdSnowblowers/ You can find there, manual, diagram etc.

Replies: 6 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42