Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Posted a review of my Ariens 926DLE snow thrower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
JohnEDavies

Posted a review of my Ariens 926DLE snow thrower
Original Message   Jan 9, 2005 1:49 pm
Please check the Reviews section for the full post. I am curious if anyone else has noticed the exhaust problem:

The exhaust blows STRAIGHT into your face when you lean down to engage the traction control. The situation is aggravated by the fact that when the wheel is clogged with snow you have to spend a few seconds fiddling with the pin to get it to pop into its detent. This is crap engineering and a mild safety/ health issue - the muffler needs a deflector or a 90 degree elbow to blow the fumes forward. Or the traction control needs to be re-engineered to put the pin on the opposite side. You can eliminate the problem by walking around to the left side of the machine, but this shouldn't be necessary in the first place

Comments?

Also, I tried to post a picture from my hard drive and it did not go through. Is there a server problem?

John

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Moderator peter

Re: Posted a review of my Ariens 926DLE snow thrower
Reply #1   Jan 9, 2005 1:58 pm
There should not be a problem!

I just tested in the DVD Player reviews section, and it went through fine. Windows XP, IE 6.0.

You can edit the product you posted and re-attempt to attach your picture.

Make sure you are uploading a JPG, though it should really be able to take any picture file format.

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #2   Jan 9, 2005 6:22 pm
Yes John, this happens with my Dad's 924 but I never lock the axel and if I did I would just turn the machine off.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
JohnEDavies

Reply #3   Jan 9, 2005 8:41 pm
JohnEDavies wrote:

Also, I tried to post a picture from my hard drive and it did not go through. Is there a server problem?

OK, I went back to my post and there was the picture. I know I hit refresh the first few times and it did not appear. Computer gremlins I guess...

John

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #4   Jan 9, 2005 8:47 pm
I put it in for you since you were having troubles.

Feel free to edit it all you want.

This message was modified Jan 9, 2005 by Marshall
TheKneebiter

Reply #5   Jan 9, 2005 8:55 pm
i have the same issue with my 1128dle. i noticed the other day when blowing. i bent down to unlock the wheel and said to myself , now im going to smell like exaust fumes.

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42