Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Carburetor spewing gas

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jalamiller

Carburetor spewing gas
Original Message   Feb 24, 2007 11:53 am
I have an old Toro snow blower. Not sure how old (10-15 years?), not sure type of engine, Tecumseh maybe. It looks like it has an idle screw on the top of the bowl off to the side and the mixture screw on the bottom as part of the nut that holds the bowl on. Gas comes pouring out of a tiny hole in the side of the carb. It is on the same side as the idle screw. Why is that happening and how can I stop it? Thanks.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
AKAmajorxlr8n

Re: Carburetor spewing gas
Reply #1   Feb 26, 2007 11:34 pm
When you're sure of exactly what you have, maybe then we'll be able to help you. My crystal ball is in the shop this week, so I cannot "see" what you have like I usually can...
launboy

Reply #2   Feb 28, 2007 8:33 am
Well, if your Carb is like I'm thinking, you might have a stuck float. If I am interpretting what you're saying correctly, then it's a pinsized hole on the side of the carb. I had this problem when I got a old Snapper with a Tecumseh 4 stroke. I took off the bowl and freed up the float and it stopped spitting out the gas!

Adam
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Reply #3   Feb 28, 2007 12:54 pm
It does sound like a stuck float. I had the same problem with a 3HP Tecumseh that had sat around without any use for a couple years. A gentle rap against the side of the carburetor bowl freed it up and the "leak" stopped.

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42