Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > snowblower not getting spark.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
shawn440

snowblower not getting spark.
Original Message   Sep 16, 2006 7:26 pm
i have a older sears snowblower that i think is 8 hp and i had it started like 1 or 2 years ago and i was going to use it this winter and i cleaned out the carb and i cleaned the spark plug and some reason i can't get it to start . It looks like to me its not getting any spark and i don't have a clue what to do now i need some help on why its not getting spark. please help           

Thank You Shawn

Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Kiddano

Re: snowblower not getting spark.
Reply #2   Oct 1, 2006 6:23 am
Pull the plug and lay it so that the metal part of the plug is on the head or shroud and pull it over. You should see some spark. Like the other post I think that the main problem is that you are getting no fuel. The carb will most deffinately have to be cleaned. If there is no or little compression you may have to have the valves pulled and cleaned also.
Jake

Reply #3   Oct 6, 2006 5:00 pm
If it hasn't run for quite a while the fuel has gone bad. You need to flush out the fuel tank, remove the carb. and clean it with carburetor cleaner. Fill with fresh clean fuel. If you do this it'll run great.

Jake..

That's my story...and I'm stickin' to it..
Jake

Reply #4   Oct 6, 2006 5:05 pm
I just re-read your post. You mentioned no spark and that it was an older unit. I'm thinking it's equipped with ignition points. They are probably dirty and need to be replaced or at least cleaned.

Jake...

That's my story...and I'm stickin' to it..
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42