Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 11528LE making strange noises

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Chuck1

Ariens 11528LE making strange noises
Original Message   Feb 26, 2006 9:03 am

I just came in from blowing my drive and I’m finding that my relatively new Ariens 11528LE (bought last year) seems to be struggling to blow snow. As soon as even a minimal load is place on it the unit begins to ‘chirp” or “squeal” and at the same time the volume of the snow that gets thrown is reduced substantially. Could it be a belt slipping?

I read other posts here that suggest that ice can get behind the impeller. That’s not the case here as the unit is stored indoors. Anyone have any insights?

Thanks in advance.

Chuck

Ariens 11528, Yard Machine by MTD 6.0HP Mower, Weed Eater GTI-15, Simoniz S1600 Washer, Weber Silver C.
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Chuck1

Re: Ariens 11528LE making strange noises
Reply #3   Feb 26, 2006 10:42 am
Thanks guys! I didn't adjust the belts after the breakin. I'll give those adjustments a shot this afternoon. I'll let you know how I make out.

Cheers,

Chuck

Ariens 11528, Yard Machine by MTD 6.0HP Mower, Weed Eater GTI-15, Simoniz S1600 Washer, Weber Silver C.
Chuck1

Re: Ariens 11528LE making strange noises
Reply #4   Feb 27, 2006 10:21 pm
Guys,

I did what you suggested, using the manual as a guide, and made the pulley adjustment to the belt, then checked the tension on the spring - all looks good and the thing really kicks %$*# now!  Thanks so much for your help!

One thing though is that with the auger control handle down the attachment belt is still not what I would call tight. How tight should that belt be with the auger handle in the engaged position?

TIA

Chuck

Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42