Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > No axle lock pins on new 926LE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
NYG1

No axle lock pins on new 926LE
Original Message   Feb 10, 2006 10:52 pm
Well I bought a 926LE new in the box from Home Depot taking advantage of the great savings.
I put everything together but found out there were no axle lock pins on the snow blower, and nowhere
to be found in the packaging. The store I bought it from is cleaned out of snow blowers and I would
assume the other Home Depots in my area are probably sold out as well ( I'll check tomorrow). 
The home depot I bought the snow blower did give me a set of lock pins when I went back
(Generic, off the shelf I guess) but they were small and didn't fit properly.

Of course here on Long Island we are waiting for the BIG snow fall this weekened so I'm short
on time for a solution.

If I can't find pins locally that fit do you think it would be OK to use shear pins for a temporary solution?
The extra set of shear pins that the snow blower came with fit pretty well in the axle.

Does anyone know of a dealer/repair shop in suffolk county Long Island that sells these parts?
I plan on calling Ariens, but I need parts now. I really don't want to sufffer through another big storm
with my old Toro S200.

Thanks.
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42