Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > OPE categories

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Moderator peter

OPE categories
Original Message   Jan 7, 2005 4:21 pm
Please list any types of OPE you people think are regularly discussed here. We want to put together a list to let everyone add "labels" to topics and reviews, to help differentiate what is being discussed for newbies.

Just throw the types out here...

We'll clump some into single categories later...

Replies: 10 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Re: OPE categories
Reply #10   Jan 9, 2005 5:16 pm
New category suggested by jubol...

Equipment Modifications

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Moderator peter

Reply #11   Jan 9, 2005 5:57 pm
Paula wrote:
Peter

A couple of questions for you.

If the search Engines, such as Google, can pick up the content of forums, why would there need to be separate categories? Wouldn't it pick up the word out of forum content, bring up the forum, thus giving the internet user the option of searching the site, using the search option in the upper right corner?

Also, what determines what order the forums (strictly speaking forums here) are brought up on the search engines? Is it how many matching words there are? Or alphabetical order of website name? Sorry if you answered this only already and I didn't catch it.

Paula

Certainly, the search engines would look at the text and virtually ignore the icons. That's not the purpose of the icons, however. They are for the humans who actually arrive on the site to have an easier time finding what they came for.

There are literally thousands of things that can alter a sites placement in search results. Amount, and density, or matching keywords is certainly among those thousands of things. You have to understand, this is a whole profession, that takes lots of people working full time to make a site place well in search engines. You better believe we have people here dedicated solely to that task and any clever Web developer would be able to recognize some rudementary things happening here that weren't happening over at WTB.

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #12   Jan 9, 2005 7:51 pm
Very good and so.....

Snowblower

snowthrower

two stage

single

single stage

auger

auger housing

shear pin

shear-pin

blower

impellor

chute

gears

gear

chute control

deflector

differential

axel

pin

pin lock

pin-lock

handlebars

handle bars

light

headlight

head-light

tracks

traction

traction control

All I can think of right now...

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #13   Jan 9, 2005 8:26 pm
Ideas for search words and phrases......

Outdoor power equipment
Lawn
Garden
Mowers
Lawnmowers
Lawn mowers
Lawn tractors
Garden tractors
Riding mowers
Bagging
Mulching
Mulching blades
Mulchers
Small engines
What's the best.....
Abby's
Guide
Trimmers
String trimmers
Blowers
Leaf blowers
Chainsaws
Pressure washers
Generators
Reviews
Forum
Etc.

This message was modified Jan 9, 2005 by Marshall
robmints

Reply #14   Jan 9, 2005 8:41 pm
When I found this site I was searching for a brand name and model. So if you could do.
Toro
Honda
Craftsman
Simplicity
John Deere
Case
Ingersol
Ariens
Gravely
Exmark
Karcher
Stihl
Echo
MTD
Troybilt
Cub Cadet
White
Red Max
ect.
These are some of the OPE guys that might be a search word. Hopefully others will come up with better brand names.
robmints

Reply #15   Jan 9, 2005 8:43 pm
I think I may have missed the point of the question. But that's not unusual.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #16   Jan 9, 2005 8:46 pm
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #17   Jan 9, 2005 9:35 pm
peter wrote:
Certainly, the search engines would look at the text and virtually ignore the icons. That's not the purpose of the icons, however. They are for the humans who actually arrive on the site to have an easier time finding what they came for.

There are literally thousands of things that can alter a sites placement in search results. Amount, and density, or matching keywords is certainly among those thousands of things. You have to understand, this is a whole profession, that takes lots of people working full time to make a site place well in search engines. You better believe we have people here dedicated solely to that task and any clever Web developer would be able to recognize some rudementary things happening here that weren't happening over at WTB.

Peter

My questions weren't meant to question anyone's ability at Abby's but were a question of 'how' as I thought I had stated. I see what comes up when I do searches, what brought up those searches and, when I make changes, the difference in the search results. I did not assume that that is all there was to placing a site in a search engine, however, which is why I asked the questions I did. Thank you for the information.

Paula

Moderator peter

Reply #18   Jan 9, 2005 9:40 pm
Paula wrote:
Peter

My questions weren't meant to question anyone's ability at Abby's but were a question of 'how' as I thought I had stated. I see what comes up when I do searches, what brought up those searches and, when I make changes, the difference in the search results. I did not assume that that is all there was to placing a site in a search engine, however, which is why I asked the questions I did. Thank you for the information.

Paula

No, I didn't think you were questioning anyone's anything. I was just hoping you weren't looking for a real explanation because there is no simple explanation so I simply wanted to convey that fact.
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #19   Jan 9, 2005 10:20 pm
peter wrote:

You better believe we have people here dedicated solely to that task and any clever Web developer would be able to recognize some rudementary things happening here that weren't happening over at WTB.

A general answer to that effect would have sufficed.

Paula

Replies: 10 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42