Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens broke second time out- IDONTNO

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
robmints

Ariens broke second time out- IDONTNO
Original Message   Jan 6, 2005 8:41 pm
From Idontno

Have an Ariens ST 8526LE which broke the second storm it was used in.

Was wonderful to use the first time. Second storm was about 4" snow followed by rain - real heavy stuff.

Don't know if the chute was clogging from the slushy snow and it then broke, or if it broke first and then clogged as I moved forward. The impeller is stuck and there's nothing apparent holding it. The augers rotate on the shaft about 1/8", the belt is intact and engages when the handlebar lever is pressed. It smoked a bit from under the belt cover when this problem first occoured. The shaft as seen under the black plastic belt cover does not turn where it leaves the belt pulley area. I cannot rotate the augers when it's parked (and of course, off).

It's a chore+ to get this to the dealer. His only words of wisdom were to bring it in. Any help on what to look for would be appreciated.
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Re: Ariens broke second time out- IDONTNO
Reply #1   Jan 6, 2005 8:51 pm
The above message is in the new snowblower forum also. I gave him some suggestions. He could probably use some help from some of the veterans.

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
bbwb

Less is more...more or less

Reply #2   Jan 6, 2005 9:02 pm
Hi Robmints:

Sorry to hear of your troubles....It sure stinks to have a new machine go down so early. It sounds like there might be some binding that comes within the shaft running through the bearings. If nothing can be seen stuck in the impeller, I would think that a bearing has siezed. My suggestion is to return it to the dealer and have him fix it under warranty. Perhaps you could talk him into picking it up.

Be sure to let us know what happens with this....hopefully there won't be too much snow between now and getting the machine back.

robmints

Reply #3   Jan 6, 2005 9:09 pm
bbwb,
It's Idontno/newtonian's machine. I just posted it over here because no one was over there, and I heard about a snowblower forum, but didn't know it was to be used.
TheKneebiter

Reply #4   Jan 6, 2005 9:21 pm
The above message is in the new snowblower forum also. I gave him some suggestions. He could probably use some help from some of the veterans.
This message was modified Jan 6, 2005 by TheKneebiter

bbwb

Reply #5   Jan 6, 2005 9:22 pm
I see says the blind man. Still not that comfortable with this site
robmints

Reply #6   Jan 6, 2005 9:26 pm
In the top left hand corner of the page is a little heading that says More Guides. Click that. And you will see Snow Throwers under Power and Fitness Equipment. Something like that.
bbwb

Reply #7   Jan 6, 2005 9:36 pm
Wow, that sure is an easy thing to find (By the way it was in the other left corner LOL)
robmints

Reply #8   Jan 6, 2005 9:56 pm
OK right, left. I thought I was Austrailian for a minute. I got the top part right, right?
bbwb

Reply #9   Jan 6, 2005 10:08 pm
Robmints: It all depends on what side of the world you are on, and if the insides are out.

It seems that early transfers from WTB to here got trained in posting all OPE questions under the Lawnmower heading....just to balance things out, I will post things about my Toro lawnmower under the snowblower discussion group.

Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42