Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Adding extra weight on a snowthrower !!??

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Mads

Rather be scared to death than bored to death

Adding extra weight on a snowthrower !!??
Original Message   Dec 8, 2005 3:53 pm
Hi, All!

I'm a first timer here. Great forum!

I got a question for the pros:

Got an Arien 1332 Pro. (The 2000 Pro model with the electric chute).

I'm tired to see the snowthro trying to climb on the heavy snow that the plows leaves in front of the garage entrance many times each snowstrorm.

So i decide to add some extra weight on the front of the snowthro.

I know that Ariens have a stock extra weight kit. This metal plate according to Ariens is 10 Lbs. But because it's the same kit for all snowthrowers models, it may not be the exact perfect weight to add on a larger model like mine. Anyways none of the Ariens dealers near my home have it in stock. And because just the delivery fee of this kit will cost me as much as the kit itself  -  because of the weight - I decide to made one myself.

But how much weight will be enought - more than 10Lbs I guess - and hom much weight will be too much?

Anybody have done this on his snowthrower ?

How did you made the insallation, did you put a rubber plate under it to avoid scratching the paint, do you put the plate under or over the deck, what's the dimmensions and thickness of the plate etc...

Any clues, any infos to help me have it done properly ?

Thank you.

P.S: Don't have a cab and will not have one.

Again, thank you!

Replies: 1 - 24 of 24View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 24 of 24View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42