Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > HS521 honda snowblower - snow blowing back under blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kipsy

HS521 honda snowblower - snow blowing back under blower
Original Message   Jan 6, 2005 8:09 am
i get snow scooting under the blower towards my feet as i walk the blower.

does this mean my scraper bar needs replacing/adjusting or the rubber paddles are worn ?

i bought this blower used for $100 in sept of 2003. starts on second pull every time. never first. any clues ?

This message was modified Jan 6, 2005 by kipsy

2004 jd lt180 m42 deck 2000 ariens 824 1987 honda 5s21 1995 honda push mower 2005 honda 25cc trimmer
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Re: HS521 honda snowblower - snow blowing back under blower
Reply #1   Jan 6, 2005 11:23 am
If it is a single and snow is scooting out then yes the scraper bar either needs adjusting or replacing. On the singles they are plastic, a few screws and should be simple to replace and are a wear item as singles clean to the pavement. Look at the front of the machine when it is sitting on pavement, the scraper bar should be flush with the ground.

First pull is probably priming the carb, second it starts. I see nothing wrong with this, are you concerned?

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
rakmann

Reply #2   Jan 6, 2005 3:53 pm
Hummm...

I'll have to look at my 521 tonight ans see if I have any adjustment room left.

It's amazing what I learn on this forum.

Rakmann

Majorxlr8n

Reply #3   Jan 6, 2005 5:45 pm
i get snow scooting under the blower towards my feet as i walk the blower.

does this mean my scraper bar needs replacing/adjusting or the rubber paddles are worn ?

i bought this blower used for $100 in sept of 2003. starts on second pull every time. never first. any clues ?

Since this machine needs a lot of work & takes two pulls to start, I say its used up. I'll take it off your hands for $100

Seriously, the scraper bar may need an adjustment & I would tend to that first. If after adjusting it you still get snow "residue", the auger paddle rubber may need to be replaced. Two pulls to start cold is no biggie - I wouldn't worry about that one bit. If you're a perfectionist, you may want to try & richen up the carb's mixture adjusting screw -assuming that your engine even has one.

Those are nice little machines! Good luck with it & welcom to the forum!!

Marty

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #4   Jan 6, 2005 6:27 pm
""starts on second pull every time. never first. any clues ?""

Piece of crap Honda!

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42