Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Starter/Eletrical Problem with Snapper HiVac 8hp B&S Model 28086S

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
illinilee

Starter/Eletrical Problem with Snapper HiVac 8hp B&S Model 28086S
Original Message   Aug 23, 2005 12:10 am
I adopted a older Snapper mower in non-running, but good condition.  Cleaned, lubed and got it started today.  My problem is anytime the battery is connected the starter engages regardless of the off/on/start position.  The starter engages but the engine will not run in the off position.  The B&S engine starts and runs well in the on position.  I know there is a switch/ground problem somewhere I just want to know if anyone has any experience with this type problem and where to start diagnosing?

TIA

Lee

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
itzbinnice

Re: Starter/Eletrical Problem with Snapper HiVac 8hp B&S Model 28086S
Reply #1   Aug 26, 2005 8:21 pm
I would start by making sure the switch itself is not defective. Disconnect the wires to the switch, then take a continuity tester and place the two leads on the terminals. You should only have continuity in one of the positions, if the continuity tester shows continuity in both positions the switch is bad.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42