Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro Wheelhorse Latest Find

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Majorxlr8n

Toro Wheelhorse Latest Find
Original Message   Jul 25, 2005 5:30 pm
Spent $125 for this baby, only needed a carb adjusting...

Marty

Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Dantheman

Re: Toro Wheelhorse Latest Find
Reply #2   Jul 25, 2005 6:05 pm
You're stating to see more of the 200 series from the early 1990's for sale now. They were the last of the affordable Wheelhorses. Lot's of cast iron, steel and grease fittings. Brand new I could have bought that for $2100.00 13 yrs ago.

I have a 210H that I bought in 1992 that is still in service. I got that because I thought the hydro transmission was more important than the Onan engine. I could'nt afford both at the time.  It has seen better days...but she's still cutting grass.

Good find Major...Carry on.

Dan

This message was modified Jul 25, 2005 by Dantheman
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #3   Jul 25, 2005 7:12 pm
Excellent buy !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Majorxlr8n

Reply #4   Jul 25, 2005 7:24 pm
This tractor has a 5 speed manual, gear trans, but I really like the car-like column shifter - it really makes for effortless gear selection! The Onan engine is very quiet & powerful for a 12.5 hp. and it runs very smoothly. As for grease fittings & heavy construction, YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! This tractor is physically the same size as my JD 160, but it is a bit more "substantial". I actually paid the asking price of $125 for this one as it was just too nice to try to barter & possibly lose it!

Marty

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #5   Jul 25, 2005 7:53 pm
My lord Marty, I'm never buying new again, I'm just going to have you hook me up.
robmints

Reply #6   Jul 25, 2005 9:24 pm
I know a fellow looking for a trim mower!  Name's Dave, right up the road in CT, He's getting a fancy job, doesn't start until Aug 1.  I hear those fancy jobs only pay you twice a month, or every two weeks (depends on the level of fancy).  So by the middle of Aug he should be flush (not that he 's not already, I hear he owns half of Vermont) and willing to pay top dollar.

Nice find Marty. That is one heck of a good picture. Nice camera too.
Termy

Reply #7   Jul 25, 2005 10:00 pm
That was a nice find! Toro is one of the best and I hear that those line of mowers were best sellers then! As somebody else said, I wish stuff like that would come my way!

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #8   Jul 25, 2005 11:49 pm
You could make $500 easy on it.  Can you get a more detailed picture of this car-like column shifter?  I don't believe I ever seen a mower with it, unless it's just on the fender. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Majorxlr8n

Reply #9   Jul 27, 2005 2:51 am
Heres another view showing the RH side and the "column" shifter, which is the round balled lever just under the steering wheel. There are detents for the forward gears, and the lever must be lifted (a safety lockout mechanism) to get reverse.

I can't take compliments for this one's nice condition - the previous owner took fine care of her. A quick detailing did make her look better however.

Rob - I'm still getting used to my Olympus model 765, 4 megapixel camera, but my trusty 7 year old Sony FD-71 digicam is going strong! I used the Olympus set at 1280 x 840 pixels for these pics, which is much less resolution than what the camera is capable of. If I use the max setting, the pics are WAY too big & take forever to load. I'm still on dialup at home, but have Optimum Online ordered & hopefully will have it set up by week's end.

Marty

This message was modified Jul 27, 2005 by Majorxlr8n

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #10   Jul 27, 2005 7:28 am
Robmints...

Thanks for the plug...

I am lookin' for a smaller rider trimming mower... the price is gettin' higher and higher ! ..."easily $500..."

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #11   Jul 27, 2005 4:32 pm
WOW, that is a lovely tractor. Thanks for getting that detailed picture for me.  Now I can say that I've seen a Wheelhorse with a car-like column shifter.  I guess it has electric PTO for the blades.  I guess your gonna keep it, cause I didn't see it on Ebay.  I'll definitely monitor that auction   

Olympus's seem to have complicated menus that I have been around. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42