Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > does my 12.5 hp Kawasaki have a igniter?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Geno

51- love God 1st, then OPE

does my 12.5 hp Kawasaki have a igniter?
Original Message   Jul 25, 2005 4:21 am
hi all- I picked up this mower with a 12.5 hp Kawasaki ( FB460 V). It has a few things missing, but all that appears missing is the coil on the motor. is this motor the same as your normal briggs/tecum motor or is their more to the ignition that may be missing? I didn't see any points so I'm wondering if the coil was electronic ignition? under the cover is just the big fan wheel-  thanks for any help here      Gene
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Re: does my 12.5 hp Kawasaki have a igniter?
Reply #1   Jul 25, 2005 8:14 am
Here's a diagram of one of the type engines that you have.  There were several others, but I just choose the first one.  Hope this helps.  Here's where to find the rest of the info - http://www.kawpowr.com/.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
Majorxlr8n

Reply #2   Jul 25, 2005 10:21 am
Geno - I have a factory shop manual for this engine. If you need something, let me know (PM me). I can scan it & email to you...

Marty

Termy

Reply #3   Jul 25, 2005 10:05 pm
That diagram is actually pretty standard. Most engines use that setup however, I have seen some miner changes in some engines.

Geno

Reply #4   Jul 25, 2005 10:13 pm
thankyou Miss Snowshovler and Majorxlr8n for your help. I  think I will go buy the coil and that part #21119 as I think I need that too. I might try and get a service manual on this motor as it would be very helpfull down the road.  I got this scag for under $100 so I can afford to put some money into it. it is only 'belt driven', but even thou hydro is proubly better..this unit appears very useable. I imagine squeezing the hand grips might get wrist sore by end of day- but it is my first commercial type so will give it a whirl.   thanks again to all         Gene
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #5   Jul 25, 2005 11:38 pm
What type of mower is this?  A commercial walk-behind or a zero-turn? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Geno

Reply #6   Jul 26, 2005 2:59 pm
to Ajace- this mower is a Zero Turn that you walk behind. I think you can attach one of those single wheel do-hickies that has a place for your feet on each side.  It is a 36" Scag with belt controls to rear wheels. at this point all That I can tell that is missing is one front wheel and the motor coil. and maybe the 'igniter' if this motor is supose to have one?  anyone explain to me how or what the igniters purpose is? does it co-incide as a unit with the coil?  I heard som Kawasaki motors used igniters and some didn't..?      thanks again for all who are helping me here- you guys/gals are a great group here.      Gene
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #7   Jul 26, 2005 11:56 pm
I'm glad to hear you finally got a mower that's right for you at an unbeatable price.  Sounds like a little TLC and everything is a ok. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42