Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Latest find. John Deere 1032 snowblower. some questions ??

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
TheKneebiter

Latest find. John Deere 1032 snowblower. some questions ??
Original Message   Jul 18, 2005 8:18 pm
Today i picked up an older John Deere 1032 snowblower. The unit starts on the first pull and is pretty clean with minimal rust. When you put it in drive it goes with no problem but when you engage the auger there was a terrible noise like a metal grinding. My first thought was the bearing in the auger housing was bad so i removed the tractor from the auger housing. The auger turns smooth and there is no play so that proves the bearing is fine. I found that the idler pully that puts the tension on the belt when you engage the auger is mounted to a little bar that moves up and down and at the bottom there is a weld that holds it to the shaft. The weld has a crack and the idler is off kilter. The brake looks worn like it was not disengaging when it was supposed to so i think that was the loud noise.      The unit seems to be like an Ariens the way it is set up. My questions are, How do i get info on this unit to find out the age ? The only numbers on it are 1032. I am going to weld the pully and try to bend the bar to get it in line with the belts again and replace the belts. The numbers on the old belts are worn so i need info on the unit in order to purchase new ones. I will try and get pics up this week. Thanks in advance for any help.
This message was modified Jul 22, 2005 by TheKneebiter

Replies: 14 - 23 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
jubol

Re: Latest find. John Deere 1032 snowblower. some questions ??
Reply #14   Jul 21, 2005 6:52 pm
 Vangellis,

I can't wait to look like your photo!!!!

Fred  

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
TheKneebiter

Reply #15   Jul 21, 2005 7:38 pm
Thanks for the help. How does yours do with wet heavy snow ? I had an old Ariens 8hp 32" last year that would not throw the snow 3 feet. It was horrible. If this thing can toss the wet heavy stuff good i might just keep it.  Vangellis wrote:
Hi Knee. Ajace has a good memory. Mine is the 726, but it looks about the same vintage as yours. That  wing nut gets tightened to put the diff lock on, loosen to turn it off. Only problem is that some of these stay locked and have to be "worked out" somehow. Mine is stuck on the diff lock, but thats ok with me. Mine also has that noise when I engage the auger, but seems to stop after its running a bit. Two winters now and it runs real good. Heres a pic I posted on here last winter. It was throwing the dry powder nice that day.

Kevin

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #16   Jul 21, 2005 8:51 pm
I knew it was done someway, I just didn't know exactly how.  Again, great picture.  Were the belts tight Knee?

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

TheKneebiter

Reply #17   Jul 21, 2005 10:31 pm
The belts were tight and everything was functioning as should except it would only throw snow a few feet at best. I was baffled.  AJace wrote:
I knew it was done someway, I just didn't know exactly how.  Again, great picture.  Were the belts tight Knee?

Garandman

Reply #18   Jul 22, 2005 7:16 am
Ariens 8x24's throw snow like crazy, maybe the engine is tired?

I'm going to put  Impeller kits on mine this year  - http://smllengns.tripod.com/

TheKneebiter

Reply #19   Jul 22, 2005 7:42 am
I have an antique Ariens just like yours 7hp 24" that throws unreal, also my ariens 1128 which is great. The old ariens 8 32 was running strong with no signs of the engine struggling at all, the belts were new and tight, the auger was spinning smooth, the fan was spinning fast but if i put my hand in front of the chute when it was running i could not feel powerfull wind coming out like i do with all the others, and it dribbled the snow instead of shooting it. the fan was in perfect shape with no bends. it baffled me to the point i gave it away. I might pick up one of the kits in the link and give it a try on my Deere if i decide to keep it. Where in southie are you ? have you lived there a long time ? I have some old friends there. Garandman wrote:
Ariens 8x24's throw snow like crazy, maybe the engine is tired?

I'm going to put  Impeller kits on mine this year  - http://smllengns.tripod.com/

This message was modified Jul 22, 2005 by TheKneebiter

Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #20   Jul 22, 2005 2:54 pm
Hi Knee. The first snowfall last year was a wet one and it clogged all day. I tightened the belts before that pic was taken. The next two storms after that were wet and I think it only clogged once or twice. Of course this was after I bought a Sno-stick to unclog it. LOL
For now it does the job for me. I'm sure these were made by Ariens.

Jubol, it has been a pretty warm summer here so far. Just looking at that pic cooled me off a little, but I'm in no rush for winter to get here. Think of a scene like this.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Garandman

Reply #21   Jul 25, 2005 10:23 am
I posted a message on another forum and it was claimed they're made by AYP for Deere?
robmints

Reply #22   Jul 25, 2005 11:31 am
Garandman wrote:
I posted a message on another forum and it was claimed they're made by AYP for Deere?

I would not know for sure even if the pictures were larger. The new Fronteers might be AYP?

What question did you post on the other forum?

MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

Reply #23   Jul 25, 2005 12:46 pm
From memory, and maybee SNowmann knows, But deere for a long time was Genuine Deere, then Ariens was making the Deere line, now Frontier ( For Deere) is made by Murray.

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
Replies: 14 - 23 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42