Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > The fun part.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

The fun part.
Original Message   Jul 7, 2005 2:46 pm
Hi Gang. I mentioned a while back that I would be cutting my eldely neighbors property. When I get finished with her approx. two acres, I head for her woods and fields to cut walking paths. Although she is 84 yrs. old, she walks about 1 1/2 miles a day. On occasion she'll walk these paths, but usually takes the road as it's a little more stable. This is a nice way for me to finish the day. I'll usually stop a few times along the way and walk into the woods just to check the scenery. Heres a few shots.

Kevin

This is the path from her back yard that goes back to the woods. The 12.5LTH Simplicity spins on occasion. The conquest never flinches.

The woods are basically pines and ferns that slope down to a stream. She let my kids set up a campsite down there a few years ago. Now that they are teens, I think it's a party site.   LOL

This a shot of the first field I cut.

This is the second field I put a path through. A few times a deer his popped up and watched me drive by. It's nice to

get out there, shut the tractor off, and listen to......nothing. She does have a nice 26 acres.

Simplicity Conquest
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Re: The fun part.
Reply #1   Jul 7, 2005 2:55 pm
With scenery like that, I can understand why you enjoy cutting her lawn. Really nice restful looking place!

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #2   Jul 7, 2005 3:22 pm
Wouldn't mind having spaces like that all for myself.  On hectic days that looks awful appealing.
Sherri

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #3   Jul 7, 2005 3:30 pm
Part of natures best right there Kevin.
Vangellis

Reply #4   Jul 7, 2005 4:06 pm
MissSnowshoveler wrote:
Wouldn't mind having spaces like that all for myself.  On hectic days that looks awful appealing.
Sherri

Hi Sherri. I saw the pics of the property  you and Chris have. I know you have some work you want to do there, but it looks like you have your own little haven there. The path through the fields was originally to access some fallen trees to cut firewood. After I had cut it, it just looked like a good walking path. My wife and I get back there at least once a week for a stroll. And thats all it is guys.. a stroll.    LOL                                 Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
MissSnowshoveler

Reply #5   Jul 7, 2005 4:37 pm
Vangellis wrote:
Hi Sherri. I saw the pics of the property  you and Chris have. I know you have some work you want to do there, but it looks like you have your own little haven there. The path through the fields was originally to access some fallen trees to cut firewood. After I had cut it, it just looked like a good walking path. My wife and I get back there at least once a week for a stroll. And thats all it is guys.. a stroll.    LOL                                 Kevin

Yes there is a lot of work that we want to do.  Chris is in the process of building another rock wall.  We don't (well I don't) want any grass, just lots of flowers and shrubery.  Thinking about putting in a pond, but after the fly season we're having this year without the standing water, I'm starting to wonder if that's a good idea.  My relaxation now comes in the form of feeding a couple of chipmunks that are pretty tame now.  The smaller of the 2 ate out of my hand for the first time thins morning and it's larger counter part has been eating outta my hand since we met.  But I am careful around them and scold them if they nip my finger while packing their cheeks.

Sherri

bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #6   Jul 7, 2005 6:56 pm
A couple of chipmunks are cute and fun, but in my experience, 2 become 50 with very little effort on their part. And 50 chipmunks will destroy a lot of flowers, like bulbs (tulips, lilies, etc.) I had a small grennhouse that they tunneled into and I had a devil of a time getting the problem under control while they dug in my flats, and wrecked havok on my plants and in my garden.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #7   Jul 7, 2005 7:25 pm
Green heaven there !  

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #8   Jul 8, 2005 12:51 am
This is what I like about PA.  Having equipment that you can ride through and just stop right there.  I don't have near that much land, but I get my chances at mowing some.  I do like to mow and look back and see what I did.  That looks great !!     

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Vangellis

Reply #9   Jul 10, 2005 12:00 pm
I forgot I had this pic. About 3 weeks ago my wife and I were walking through the fields when this doe popped out of the weeds. The picutre is a little fuzzy because my wife rushed to get it before the deer sprinted away.  There has been a black bear spotted in the area recently. I hope I don't "suprise" one of those someday.  LOL

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #10   Jul 10, 2005 5:40 pm
Nice capture.  I hope you don't either. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42