Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Parents wanting to buy a new zero turn....

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Parents wanting to buy a new zero turn....
Original Message   Jul 5, 2005 4:39 pm
Well, my parents have 2 acres and they have been buying murrays and weedeaters and so on for years now. Well my dad is wanting to buy a quality mower  this time, I found a 48 inch Snapper today with a  Briggs on it. I believe it was a 20 hp. The mower is brand new from a dealer down the road he is asking 4100.00.Personaly I think that the Briggs will hold up just fine for that yard they will only be using it only for that yard of course once a week in the summer and spring and just a few times in fall and winter ( florida). What do you guys think and any other suggestions??? I don't think he is wanting to spend over 5000.00 for one Oh yea he said he wil not buy a Cub Cadet, because his co worker has one and he has had nothing but problems.  Later Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Parents wanting to buy a new zero turn....
Reply #1   Jul 5, 2005 4:59 pm
What model Snapper is it?

If it's the ZT20500BV, that's a good price for a very good ZTR! That Briggs Vanguard is one heck of an engine!

Snapper

mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #2   Jul 5, 2005 5:51 pm
Hey Marshall I'm not sure of the model he just said 48 inch with a 20hp briggs. I did'nt go over ther eand see it just gave him a call to get a ballpark est for my dad. If my dad is interested we are going to go down there and look at them. Which who is'nt intersted in snapper??

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #3   Jul 5, 2005 6:22 pm
He may have quoted you the Scambler.....YZ20486BVE / SZT20486BVE. This is not the Fast Cut model, it lists for $4199.99. In fact I can almost promise you he did. After further looking, the Fast Cut is available with a 20HP 50" deck or, a 21HP 48" deck, neither meet what he has told you.

The Fast Cut
ZT20500BV lists for $4,899.99, another $600.00. This a much better ZTR!!!

The Fast Cut is also available in a 18HP 44" deck for  $4,299.99.  I would buy this one before the Scrambler. Read up on them and you'll see why. Floating Deck, dual commercial grade hydros and wheel motors! Commercial 7ga deck, etc....

Fast Cut

• Twin-lever steering for smooth, precise control
  • Pivoting front axle, 360o rotating, front casters
  • Commercial-grade, independent hydrostatic pumps with dual wheel motors
  • Heavy-duty steel mower deck
  • Comfortable seat, armrests, convenient controls
  • 6.5-gallon fuel tank
  • Electric PTO
  • Seven-position mower lift with transport lock

Scrambler

• Joystick or Twin-Lever Steering
  • Pivoting frame for smooth mowing
  • Comfortable arm rests, convenient controls
  • Commercial quality dual Eaton bydros with planetary gear final drive
  • 3-gallon fuel tank
  • Electric PTO
  • 7-position cutting height adjustment and deck lift
  • Stand-on-end capability for easy maintenance and storage
  • Anti-scalp wheels on all mowing decks
  • Steel mower spindles with grease fittings

robmints

Reply #4   Jul 5, 2005 8:15 pm
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #5   Jul 5, 2005 8:52 pm
Hey Marshall, your right that fast cut looks much better I think I might go down there tomm. and check them out in person. My dad is just so busy so he is leaving it up to me to do most of the shopping. I'm also going to go to the Exmark dealer and check out that small mower they offer, also Hustler has a small one. I don't know of the closest bob cat dealer around here but I'm gonna find out. Thanks guys I'll keep you up dated.

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #6   Jul 6, 2005 7:54 pm
Hi...

Been checkin' out Z-turn riders past few weeks... for their needs I would strongly consider the Hustler brand Fastrack models... 48" & 54" ? cuts under $5,000 here... Seems pretty close to the commercial models...

Seeminly solid machines !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #7   Jul 6, 2005 8:24 pm
I think they are to I had to work late today did'nt make it to any dealers. Hustler is a very popular brand down here. I will definetly be checking them out.

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #8   Jul 7, 2005 7:25 am
Hi Mike...

If Husler is a popular brand there... definately check out the "consumer" models... I liked what I saw for the $$$... but did not try one...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42