Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > This can't be good....

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MTX20HZ

[AWB] Arcane Warrior Battalion Motto: Killed by a Mysterious Force

Formerly: Tech 9 Spas 12

This can't be good....
Original Message   Jun 30, 2005 4:45 pm
I found a Craftsman Lawnmower with an Eager-1 engine on it and there appears to be oil slowly seeping down the shaft and onto the blade....

Anybody with ideas why, and how i may fix this greasy problem?

Its also shakes and vibrates like a Jackhammer... Motor problems?  i know the blade is not unbalanced, I tried it w/o the blade and it still thinks its a Jackhammer.

Plz help,

AMD X2 4200 OC'ed +1.5Ghz// MSI Nvidia NX7800 GTX 256Mb w/D.O.T. * 1 Grand*// Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Thermaltake 680 PSU and Tsunami Case//Raptor 74 G 10K HD//  Dual MTX 12" // Harman Kardon AVR235 receiver 7.1// JBL Floor's ,Book Shelfs, Center// 26"  HDTV LCD, HK DVD Burner, 8HP go-Truck
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
robmints

Re: This can't be good....
Reply #1   Jun 30, 2005 5:29 pm
Bent crank most likely.

You can take out and straighten it. But once the oil starts to leak, it will always leak without taking furter measures.

Just a guess.
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #2   Jun 30, 2005 6:48 pm
it sounds like a bent crank to me.

you can easily check to be sure.

remove the sparkplug,ground the wire .

tilt the deck up so the spark plug end is up.

using a helper (ask the wife) get her to stand on the handle and press the brake bail and slowly pull the cord.

you will be looking at the end of the crank where the blade is bolted on,and visable wobble means its bent.

if it is it can be repaired but it might be weakened and any additional stress put on the crank could break it.

i have never seen one break but it is possible.

and the crank is not removed to straighten either.

many small engine shops have a straightener but wont advertise this.its a liability thing.

you might want to check out some in your area.

it will probably need a flywheel key as well.

all in all it will be an inexpensive mower.

any questions ...please ask

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
robmints

Reply #3   Jun 30, 2005 7:40 pm
chris,
A nice tight fitting heavy wall sleeve with an inward flange and a small hole to bolt it to the crank, with some handles so you can bend it back?
Or just beat it back straight with a Jaguar hammer?
Good idea not having to take it out. but I kinda liked yanking my crank once in a while though.
MTX20HZ

[AWB] Arcane Warrior Battalion Motto: Killed by a Mysterious Force

Formerly: Tech 9 Spas 12

Reply #4   Jun 30, 2005 10:46 pm
Hmmm    Thx for all the suggestions.

No wonder it might be bent, it not a Honda      Hahahhaha  J/K...   If its bent then i will just use it as a Drink Fizzler. Keeps Pepsi and Shampagne bubbly with the vibrating  hhheheeehehehe

THx

AMD X2 4200 OC'ed +1.5Ghz// MSI Nvidia NX7800 GTX 256Mb w/D.O.T. * 1 Grand*// Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Thermaltake 680 PSU and Tsunami Case//Raptor 74 G 10K HD//  Dual MTX 12" // Harman Kardon AVR235 receiver 7.1// JBL Floor's ,Book Shelfs, Center// 26"  HDTV LCD, HK DVD Burner, 8HP go-Truck
Termy

Reply #5   Jul 1, 2005 4:56 pm
Your engine is toast! You want my advice? Buy yourself a new mower

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42