Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Craftsman Walk Behind High Wheel Trimmer

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
JPP1

Craftsman Walk Behind High Wheel Trimmer
Original Message   Jun 27, 2005 8:40 pm
Does anyone out there own one of these?

I bought it new in 1998 and have dispised it since Day 1. It has been in for repairs more than I care to mention.

Long story short....

I am using the thing to cut down overgrown grass at my camp. I TRY to make it cut through some tall weeds like golden rod which doesn't have a very thick stalk.

What is the secret to keeping those cutting cords on the machine without having them fly off as soon as they hit a weed? I found that cutting the stock cords a little shorter helps keep them on longer because they are not smacking into the side shields when the head is spinning. But they come off WAY TOO EASILY!!!! I hate the machine with a passion, I am constantly re-installing cords until I get sick of it and put the thing away.

Any secrets? I am installing the cords properly and I am using the recommended cords they sell for this albatross. Of course the Sears 'Service' Center says nothing is wrong with it when it is in for repairs.

If I hadn't paid so much money for it, I would throw it by the curb side in a heartbeat.

Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42