Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Been doing a lot of yard work...what do you think?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
cleanmaxx_brian

"At least I am enjoying the ride"

Been doing a lot of yard work...what do you think?
Original Message   Jun 27, 2005 5:08 pm
I have been pretty busy fixing up my yard...what do you think?

Here is a shot at night...

And the shed...

Shed after I stained the ramp a nice Redwood color...

My kids little pool...

And a panaramic shot of the front...

For higher res shots and other house pictures, click below:

http://www.pbase.com/cleanmaxx_brian/house

This message was modified Jun 27, 2005 by a moderator

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

Replies: 8 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
cleanmaxx_brian

Re: Been doing a lot of yard work...what do you think?
Reply #8   Jun 27, 2005 11:43 pm
Thanks everyone!!!  Your comments make it all worth while!!!

"Image Paula and Sherri mud wrestling in there."  

I just did...I will empty the pool and it will be "ready" by the weekend!

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #9   Jun 28, 2005 7:08 am
snowshoveler wrote:
well the truth is that last hanging basket is about 1/4 inch low....

wow that looks good,

do you actually live there or is that a model area to make the rest of us look bad,i got a feeling that Paula is behind this.

seriously though its a very nice home .

later chrsi

To quote a certain someone "Hey, I'm really a nice gal, ya know"

Brian

I WAS going to say how incredibly beautiful your yard looked with the lights and flowers....and how park-like it looked in those daytime shots....but that was before you chimed in with Highwind on the pudding/jello pool ....NOW....well, it looks ok...kind of so-so if you ask me.... 

As for Mr. Full of Hot Air

Think a lobotomy would help him Sherri?  I'll bring the high powered magnifying lens to try and locate his brain if you want to bring the power tools.  And just to prove what a compassionate woman I really am, so he doesn't have to go through his micro-surgery without any pain-dulling anesthesia, I'll bring the rubbing alcohol that he can down beforehand. 

Paula

Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #10   Jun 28, 2005 7:44 am
Paula,

No need for that lobotomy. ...no brain up there. I'm waiting for the medical profession to perfect a transplant so I can see what it is like to have one, although I suspect it will result in confusion as it conflicts with the lower thought processing centre, which is what I do all my thinking with.

Don't mind her Brian. Just get the pool ready. What is the diameter and depth? I get a discount on pie filling by the ton.

Paula and Sherri,

In case you have health concerns about wrestling in pie filling, I'll order the fat-free sugar-free variety.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #11   Jun 28, 2005 8:02 am
Yes I was thinking the same thing, that it was a positively delicatable yard, and then I get put into a swimming pool with jello/pudding and become one of the delictable entertainment features of the yard.  Sigh... oh what it is to be a female in a primarily a mans world.

I seeing guys with palm fronds, bunches of sweet juicy berries, brooms, mops, vacuums, feather dusters, all while Paula and I sit back being fanned and fed those sweet berries by our adoring fans, poking fun at the lowly guys that are stuck cleaning every single blade of grass, every flower petal...well I guess you all get the picture.  Ahhhhhhhh, feels nice to daydream about some relaxation.

Sherri

Paula

Reply #12   Jun 28, 2005 8:42 am
Ahh Sherri....when you dream, you dream well....

However, you forgot to mention the part where the guys are only wearing smiles.....all expect Highwind, of course...he's dressed in a space suit, complete with helmet and boots....ok....back to the dream....

MissSnowshoveler

Reply #13   Jun 28, 2005 9:42 am
If a girls gotta dream - she may as well go for something that will happen when he!! freezes over.

Space suit - I'll go along with that!

Sherri

bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #14   Jun 28, 2005 11:57 am
Chocolate pudding aside.... Do you find that all the lighting attracts a lot of insects at night? or is that not a problem in your neck of the woods? Very attractive back yard! Seems to offer privacy even in a suburban environment. Are the cone shaped lights at the edge of the patio floor electric, or flame from fuel? I don't think I have seen that style light before.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
cleanmaxx_brian

Reply #15   Jun 28, 2005 10:54 pm
WOW, I did not think my  ridding the pool of water would start such a heated thread! SO I will keep the water...and the girls must swim fully clothed  (as that makes them feel better I guess) So t-shirts and daisy dukes are in order!

And while it may be a mans world...you girls have ALL the power!!!

PS I do hope you all know this is just in good fun...

As for the lights at the edge of the patio, they are citrnella candles. I have 6 of them and 3 Tiki torches...the rest is all low voltage lights. We do have bugs in this area (especially nats!) but I have had the yard sprayed and the candles do a good job! I have sat back there for the last 4 or 5 nights and not one bite! (Watch tomarrow I will get eaten alive!)

Brian Chang

Paula

Reply #16   Jun 28, 2005 11:06 pm
cleanmaxx_brian wrote:
And while it may be a mans world...you girls have ALL the power!!!

PS I do hope you all know this is just in good fun...

Absolutely all in fun Brian...that's what makes this such a great forum.... 

Now...about this "all the power" stuff.... 

Paula

MissSnowshoveler

Reply #17   Jun 29, 2005 7:05 am
If one can't have fun, then it's time to pack up the bags and leave. 

Since you have bugs, maybe fill the swimming pool with a bug repellant and while we're all over for the party this weekend we won't have to worry about nasty bug bites.  If there is a bug around that bites - guaranteed they are coming to find me.  Will bother nobody else but me.  I can empty a whole can of bug spray and dang nabbit, they still attack me like the vicious little pests that they are.

Eventually I'd like to have solar lighting or candle lights also.  But that will have to come in a few years.  Thinking about building a pond for turtles and fish, a nice little relaxation spot for the days that are nerve racking, that's where I'd have the lighting.  You have a great yard going for you Brian, keep up the good work!

Sherri

Replies: 8 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42