Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Lockers Prodject

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Termy

Lockers Prodject
Original Message   Jun 24, 2005 3:43 am
I was given lockers from a friend of mine and it was looking run down and just plain nasty! I have a shop and I am trying to keep a theme going here. So, I bought myself a paint sprayer (review in OPE section) and painted the lockers sky blue.(the color of our house) The paint that was used was a semi gloss latex enamel/watter based. I think it turned out great and looks a heck of alot better that it did. There was alot of rust on this thing aswell that the paint has covered up nicely.

What Do You Think?

This message was modified Jun 24, 2005 by Termy

Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
cleanmaxx_brian

"At least I am enjoying the ride"

Re: Lockers Prodject
Reply #2   Jun 24, 2005 8:18 am
Looks good!

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #3   Jun 24, 2005 8:59 am
Looks good! Are they stuck shut now?
Termy

Reply #4   Jun 24, 2005 11:29 am
No Marshall, they open just fine.

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #5   Jun 24, 2005 10:49 pm
LOL 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Termy

Reply #6   Jun 30, 2005 1:30 pm
In this last week, I have been putting stuff into the lockers. Wow, I had no idea these lockers could hold so much! LOL Anyway, I got my oils, chemicals, propane canasters, bolts, screws, nuts/washers, nails, and all kinds of other good stuff! It has obviously proved to be a better solution than the old shelf that used to be in its place because, all the shelves in the shop now have more space for other stuff. I sure was in a painting mood cause I painted the workbench too lol.

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #7   Jun 30, 2005 1:33 pm
Sounds good Chris, glad it's working out!
Emmo

Reply #8   Jun 30, 2005 2:13 pm
Maybe I'm being a little paranoid, but I guess I wouldn't put propane bottles into the lockers.
I know they have vent holes in them, but compared to "approved" storage lockers, your lockers
probably don't have the appropriate ventilation.   Couple that with the steel on steel hinges that
conventional lockers have, I guess I just wouldn't chance it.  Hate to see something bad happen
to you Termy.
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #9   Jun 30, 2005 2:31 pm
Just put them next to the oily rag locker, just below the powder keg locker, and you should be fine.
Termy

Reply #10   Jun 30, 2005 4:10 pm
Emmo, I understand your concerne but, These lockers have plenty ventilation. They not only ventilate through the front air vent but the lockers also have cracks on the back wall where air can flow in and out. The propane tanks being in the lockers was a much better solution because of where they were before. The tanks used to be in a heated storage room but that room also has my compressor in it. The last time I used my compressor was when I painted the lockers. When I opened the door to that room, the compressor created a temp feeling of 110 degrees F. I knew right away, that was not good for the propane tanks. And as far as the oil rags are concerned, they are 20 feet away from the lockers. Another thing to make you feel better Emmo, is that I have a fire extingwisher in the shop. If there was a fire in the lockers (I so doubt it) the lockers are made out of steel which would contane the fire in one area. Then all I would have to do is put it out with the extingwisher. I am a very safe person lol, I don't really take chances. Which means, I never had a fire at my place.

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #11   Jun 30, 2005 4:40 pm
Grandpap had one of those canisters catch fire on the bottom when he was building his pipe fence once.  Had to run over to the sink and put it out.        
Termy once you open that door to the locker I think that would add a little more air to the fire and make it get bigger.   These are my thoughts. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42