Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Test drive a compact Deere tractor and get free gloves!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Test drive a compact Deere tractor and get free gloves!
Original Message   Jun 21, 2005 3:24 pm
Check out the website. Just download the form and head out to your Deere dealer and test drive a compact utility tractor to get free gloves.

https://johndeere.rsc02.net/servlet/website/ResponseForm?qKEJNm_mLlm_JLkmpMpJHmLEnLhMUZFJhQDgLm

This message was modified Jun 21, 2005 by a moderator

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
AZinOH

Those who accept self-deception will perish by it.
Shakespeare said "to thine own self be true".

Re: Test drive a compact Deere tractor and get free gloves!
Reply #1   Jun 21, 2005 3:55 pm
Promotions of this kind have always puzzled me. I'd like a pair of free gloves as much as the next guy, but I just don't think it would be fair of me to take up a dealer's time when I simply have no intention whatsoever of buying a CUT. I'd consider buying an LT or GT if I was in the market for one, but that's not in their promotion. I was recently on another site where a free month-long motor oil giveaway took place. 5000 offers were made each week to receive 5 qts free oil (a well-known major oil company product). All you had to do was get on their web site and request it. Nine days later I received a check good for $13.39 towards purchase of the oil. No muss, no fuss. Turned out that the check was actually worth more than the cost of 5 qts, so I got a total of 8 qts and paid $1 for it. If John Deere has several pairs of gloves that they're willing to give away, I'd rather they do something like this.

AZ

Snowblower...Toro Power Max 726te 2004

Lawn tractor...AYP w/ 14.5 Briggs-42in 2000

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #2   Jun 21, 2005 4:01 pm
Thanks Joe.

As much as we recommend there products, I have no problem with it.

bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #3   Jun 21, 2005 4:25 pm
I recently was invited to go to my local car dealer to test drive a new 2005 model. It was their great 2005 unveiling of all the new models, free food, soda and a new one ounce silver dollar just for showing up on "opening night". I wasn't in the market for a car or truck, but I went to get the silver dollar. But what I saw in the new feature laden models really floored me and I have recommended to several people to go and check out the things that I saw, so maybe he got a couple of sales just from me promoting his product, that I wasn't really interested in until I saw it up close. Somebody might drive a compact utility tractor with absolutely no intention of buying, but because of what they learned while there, will pass info along that they wouldn't have before. That is more than worth a pair of gloves to Deere. Your local dealer may have capabilities in his shop that you were not aware of, or maybe next month, a friend asks about tractors,and you now have first hand knowledge to pass on. It's all good, and can be a win-win for every body. Having said that, I also would not take up 3 hours of a dealer's time on a busy Saturday when he has a shop full of paying customers, just to moan that the free gloves will take 4-8 weeks to arrive, or that I can't get them in my size. That would be just rude

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #4   Jun 21, 2005 7:01 pm
I don't think I am eligible as of this moment to even think about buying a quality compact tractor.  It is a nice value for Deere to make.  I'm interested, if they will have me, and it is a convenient time. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #5   Jun 21, 2005 8:49 pm
You end up with "free gloves"... maybe a $20k purchase... or as pointed out... a friend who buys...

The point is to get you in the seat... I'll guess many of us have made an expensive purchase we never thought we would ! 

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42