Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Dad had a great birthday

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Emmo

Dad had a great birthday
Original Message   Jun 17, 2005 12:03 pm
There is a golf course community being built around my dads house. He has been gathering large rocks for landscaping using his IH 574 w/ loader. Of course this isn't big enough to retrieve the biggest rocks.  My dad has gotten to know the construction crews working around him, and for his birthday they let him borrow  and run one of their toys. He actually got to use it for 2 days racking up about 15 hours on it. Wish I was there to play.............

VERSUS

This message was modified Jun 17, 2005 by Emmo
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Re: Dad had a great birthday
Reply #1   Jun 17, 2005 12:11 pm
That's some birthday present.  It was good of the crew to let him use it.  Don't tell Shoveler - I might even like to play with one of those toys - something of mass distruction.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #2   Jun 17, 2005 12:21 pm
It's nice when friends let you use their equipment.  It's even nicer when they take pity on you.................and do the job for you. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #3   Jun 17, 2005 2:16 pm
Oh man....talk about having some fun.....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #4   Jun 17, 2005 2:46 pm
Did they have to drag him out of the cab at the ned of the day ? I'm glad to see he got to "play" with a really nice toy.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Emmo

Reply #5   Jun 17, 2005 3:34 pm
Yeah, they did about have to drag him out of the cab..........and you couldn't wipe that goofy grin off of his face for another couple of days after!

It was a nice unit, nearly as new as the one in the pic......I think he said it had just a little over 100 hours on it.
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #6   Jun 17, 2005 5:08 pm
sayyyyy...my next door neighbor has a construction outfit ,dozer excavator backhoe and all that stuff.maybe i should take him and his wife out for dinner and a movie or somthing.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #7   Jun 17, 2005 5:50 pm
Wish I had one, I'd take it to Neverland and have a blast.
Termy

Reply #8   Jun 20, 2005 1:40 pm
Marshall, I would do the same thing! I hate that guy so much I want to demolish everything that has to do with him! I hope he scures up again so that he will be tossed in the prizon this time!

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #9   Jun 20, 2005 2:45 pm
Not another precious life. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42