Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > new to me tractor

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

new to me tractor
Original Message   Jun 14, 2005 5:41 pm
hey gang...

i have been out for a while ,actually i have been in the basement working on my recent aquisition...hey that sounds important

i got a 1977  1612 powerking tractor. it has a 12 horse kohler (k301 cast iron). all gear drive ,3pt hitch, front electric pto,front mount snow  dozer blade,mid mount 48 " mower and it has 16 inch rear wheels and 8 inch front wheels.

i have been using already and have been doing some restoration work,i would like to get it in as near original condition as i can.

it is very strong compared to the monster tractor and its heavy a well,all cast iron and steel ,no plastic there.

maybe miss snowshoveler will post a pic.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 23 - 32 of 32Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Re: new to me tractor
Reply #23   Jun 16, 2005 8:23 pm
That is a great looking machine.  After what I do all day long it is a thrill to see this stuff.  It is fun and relaxing to read about it but to see it really puts it together for me.  Thank you.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #24   Jun 16, 2005 9:02 pm
snowshoveler wrote:
dumbhead   she has been living with me for over a year.

cleans cooks and still thinks a lot of me ,what can i say.

later chris 

Sherri

Your halo and wings are in the mail.... 

Paula

bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #25   Jun 17, 2005 9:14 am
Sounds like you have a good eye for picking quality tractors and women! I highly recommend that you keep both! The pics of your Power King show that it is in excellent condition, with the sheet metal looking straight and minimal rust if any. Won't take much to restore it, and as I mentioned earlier, they are/were awsome machines! Capable of maintaining very large gardens, and built to last for MANY years. I've always got my eye open for one in my area, but they sell for big $$$$$$$ near me.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #26   Jun 17, 2005 5:17 pm
yup i think ill keep them both .

each lifetime pieces of equipment.

not sure which will require more maintenence,and i dont care ill do what ever it takes to make them happy and comfortable.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Paula

Reply #27   Jun 17, 2005 5:21 pm
All right Shoveler....just when I have you pegged as a big ole meany, don't go sounding all nice and all..... 
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #28   Jun 17, 2005 6:49 pm
That guy never ceases to amaze me.  BTW the tractor is more high maintence.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
Paula

Reply #29   Jun 17, 2005 9:56 pm
Sounds to me like you're both keepers...

And a little maintenance keeps things interesting...

Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #30   Jun 18, 2005 12:31 pm
MissSnowshoveler wrote:
Not so forgetful this morning.

There we go.

Sherri

Sherri,

I admire your efforts to help the less fortunate in society.  Allowing that homeless street alky to try Chris's new tractor will inspire him to make a better life for himself, no doubt.

He will want to register in a provincial re-training program to become a heavy equipment operator, and thereby become a useful member of society...stealing P&H shovels, Case front-end loaders and flat beds off construction sites, creating new sales opportunities and jobs for insurance adjustors.

<<< my apologies: the devil had a pitchfork to my back: "Post what I say, or I'll return you to the land of ice and snow or Nova Scotia, land of permanent rainfall and mosquitos that swallow ravens whole."  So, I had no choice ....really....  the 24/7 BBQ season here suits me>>>

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Termy

Reply #31   Jun 20, 2005 2:07 pm
If this is a G rated site, should we not get rid of the devil emoticon? Let me know?

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #32   Jun 20, 2005 2:13 pm
Termy wrote:
If this is a G rated site, should we not get rid of the devil emoticon? Let me know?

Oh, I think we can take it in gest. It has a smile.
Replies: 23 - 32 of 32Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42