Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Another Customer Service Story

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
lland

Another Customer Service Story
Original Message   Jun 12, 2005 12:42 pm
As posted, I recently had a good experience with Mantis customer service.  This morning, I had another.  Hewlett Packard...not OPE but a good story none the less.

I recently purchased a new "all-in-one" printer (photo printer, scanner, copier, fax) to save some space on my desk (got rid of the scanner and fax machine).  From day one, the printer would jam at least 90% of the time.  Basically, it just wouldn't feed the paper properly.  I tried all kinds of troubleshooting and all kinds of paper.  Nothing worked.

This morning, I went on the HP website looking for anything that might help and found their "chat with a live service technician, 24/7" and decided to give it a try.  After about twenty minutes of trying things I had already tried (it even jammed while trying his "cures"), he wrote that it was clearly a hardware problem and asked for the serial number.  I gave him the serial number and he came back stating that I would have a new printer in 4-5 days.  When it comes, I should put the old one in the box and call UPS for pickup (they are providing prepaid shipping).  I was expecting the runaround and ended up pleasantly surprised.

Kudos to HP.

LL

2001 Toro 20023 Personal Pace
2002 John Deere Trimmer/Edger/Blower
2003 Craftsman DYT 4000 - 25HP/48" w/bagger
2003 Toro 826LE Snowblower
2004 Mantis Tiller/Dethatcher/Aerator/Edger
2005 Husqvarna 145BT Backpack Blower
Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Craftsman 40" Plug Aerator
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Re: Another Customer Service Story
Reply #1   Jun 12, 2005 12:57 pm
HP has excellent customer service as well.  I have the PSC 750 and it has been a great machine.  It is sometimes used as a printer for all the computers in the house.  I still have a screen on my HP laptop that jumps around and lines appear on the display.  The said they couldn't duplicate the probelm, and I understand that as it is sometimes hard to duplicate, but other times it's real bad.  I have about  6 months left on the warranty and I'll see what I can do. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Termy

Reply #2   Jun 12, 2005 4:51 pm
You have been having good luck with costomer service lately! Good deal! I figured your printer had something jamming against the paper somehow. Some people have problems with those type of combo units. Well take care and goodluck with the new printer!

newtonian

Reply #3   Jun 13, 2005 7:32 am
HP offered to replace a scanner I purchased recently.  The head was binding on it's track and it sounded like the the belt was slipping.

They made the exchange very simple.  Problem was, HP would only offer a refurbished unit, and being less than a month old I thought a new one was not unreasonable.  They wouldn't budge.  OfficeMax made an exception to their 14 day return/exchange and sent a new scanner and a call tag for the old one without hesitation. 

I also bought an extended warranty for $5 which offers a store credit for purchase price should it break again in the next year.  I see buried in the papers the HP waranty is a mere 90 days.

2012 Ariens ST24DLE
Semi Retired Ariens 9526 in active reserve
Unknown vintage 5HP Ariens to restore

MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #4   Jun 13, 2005 7:51 am
I had a Lexmark printer with the previous computer we had at work.  That was constantly jamming paper and if you tried to print too many pages it would lose it's connection and wouldn't print.  But I have had no trouble with my hp - thanks to the printer gods.  I like happy endings like this. 

Like this morning there was a virus coming through supposedly from our highspeed provider - thanks to them I didn't open it and have a computer still.  If something seems hokey and you think there is a simple answer - make the phone call or the e-mail.  You may be surprised everytime.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #5   Jun 13, 2005 10:36 pm
I think HP is a good brand of printer, I've only worked with Lexmark, and Epson.  Lexmark's don't seem to feed paper through, and the current one @ our church doesn't allow the paper to sit level, but it prints fine.   Got a bargain on it.  The Epson printer was good, but has clogged heads now.  HP's have the jets/heads right in the cartridge, so the printer can't be clogged permantly. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42