Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Husqvarna BP blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Husqvarna BP blower
Original Message   Jun 7, 2005 3:20 pm
I got my blower last week and finally loaded some pics in. Model 125 BT. Although this is the low end of the Husky BP blowers it seems to do a nice job. It definitely gets the drys leaves and was blowing " chunks" of compacted dry leaves. I would have liked the 40cc model, But at 13 lbs, the 25cc model is much more comfortable to work  with and fits me well. One reason I got this was to clean the machines off after a long day of mowing. I've always just parked them with whatever it was covered with. It certainly cleans them real well and it's nice to put the equipment away clean after a good "blow". I'll reveiw after some more use, but for now, I'm very satisfied with the unit.
                                                                                                      Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Replies: 6 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Re: Husqvarna BP blower
Reply #6   Jun 8, 2005 12:40 pm
Kevin,

Nothing like a sharp dressed man who knows how to coordinate his outfit right down to the slippers. 

And I bet the OPE really enjoyed its first good blow job too and is probably looking forward to many more.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #7   Jun 8, 2005 5:10 pm
Lol, Highwind.  Any one wear the local companies shirts for working in or mowing?  It's a good way to advertise, never know when you might need to run out for a part.  Robmints dresses the nicest

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #8   Jun 8, 2005 6:01 pm
Kevin I was thinking maybe cut them pants off right above the knee. With some knee high sock with a red band on them. That would be sharp!!!

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
AJace

Reply #9   Jun 8, 2005 6:44 pm
Mike, you're the outfit designer. 
Kevin, those hands look like that of an Irish man's    Kind of like Regis Philbin's. 

Termy

Reply #10   Jun 9, 2005 2:11 pm
Congradulations on your new purchase of a Husqvarna Blower! They make excellent chainsaws you know.[wink]

Vangellis

Reply #11   Jun 9, 2005 4:53 pm
mikefla1 wrote:
Kevin I was thinking maybe cut them pants off right above the knee. With some knee high sock with a red band on them. That would be sharp!!!

Yeah, but then I might look like Regis Philbin. Actually Mike, That sounds like something my 19 yr old son would wear.

AJace, your watching way too much TV man. LOL. Well at least you didn't say they looked like Kelly Ripa's. Yes, they are Irishmans hands. Got the freckles to prove it. Ajace, I don't have any company shirts, but I do have a Simplicity, Husqvarna, and a John Deere hat. If I go to one of the dealers I will usually wear that hat. Never got me any deals though.

Highwind. I just got done cutting mine and the next door neighbors yards and gave the machines a real good blow. Funny, felt like a cigarette immediatly after.

Termy, thanks for the thumbs up. I do have a Husqvarna 141 chainsaw. Haven't cut any wood yet this year though. I've been too busy mowin and blowin. I used it today to spread lines of grass left on the lawn instead of raking it up. Another little time saver.

Thanks guys,      Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
lland

Reply #12   Jun 9, 2005 9:46 pm
The 125 is a great blower and I probably would have bought that one if I didn't get a great deal on the 145.

LL

2001 Toro 20023 Personal Pace
2002 John Deere Trimmer/Edger/Blower
2003 Craftsman DYT 4000 - 25HP/48" w/bagger
2003 Toro 826LE Snowblower
2004 Mantis Tiller/Dethatcher/Aerator/Edger
2005 Husqvarna 145BT Backpack Blower
Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Craftsman 40" Plug Aerator
AJace

Reply #13   Jun 10, 2005 12:56 am
Kevin, how much did you end up paying for the 125 BT?   I was In Lowes and saw they went for $169.  Those blowers are nice for blowing instead of raking, but if the grass gets too big it doesn't do too well as you can't hide the grass like you can a the smaller cuttings.  Then you have to rake. 

Vangellis

Reply #14   Jun 10, 2005 4:04 pm
AJace wrote:
Kevin, how much did you end up paying for the 125 BT?   I was In Lowes and saw they went for $169.  Those blowers are nice for blowing instead of raking, but if the grass gets too big it doesn't do too well as you can't hide the grass like you can a the smaller cuttings.  Then you have to rake. 

Hi AJace. With the shipping included it cost me $148. I was in Lowes and it was selling for $229. I just checked their web site and its $229 on there. Was it a recon or a return? As far as the raking this was just light grass and dried by the sun. Didn't leave a trace. I tried wetter, heavier grass as a test and it pushed it together, but it's not going to hide it. Thats for sure. I used it today again to clean off my deck and front steps after the storms the last few days. Oh yeah. I also use it to clean off my neighbors golf green before he cuts it. I'm definitely going to get my moneys worth out it. It is real loud on full speed though. But I can still hear the radio clear on the racetunes.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
AJace

Reply #15   Jun 10, 2005 8:53 pm
Maybe I was looking at the wrong sign, just glanced at the 125BT while I was wizzing by.  You want to run the backpack blower longer because you aren't holding anything other than the tube which I would think is lightweight.

Replies: 6 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42