Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > North Carolina Builder sells new homes with a garage full of Deere equipment

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

North Carolina Builder sells new homes with a garage full of Deere equipment
Original Message   Jun 2, 2005 3:08 pm
As an incentive to sell new homes, the developer is loading the garage with $4000-5000 John Deere equipment. Would you guys be more inclinded to drop $400,000 on a house because the garage has "your favorite brand here" equipment inside? I'd rather buy my own stuff, but that is just me.

http://www.newsobserver.com/business/story/2465247p-8869539c.html

This message was modified Jun 2, 2005 by bontaiJoe

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: North Carolina Builder sells new homes with a garage full of Deere equipment
Reply #1   Jun 2, 2005 5:19 pm
bontaiJoe wrote:
As an incentive to sell new homes, the developer is loading the garage with $4000-5000 John Deere equipment. Would you guys be more inclinded to drop $400,000 on a house because the garage has "your favorite brand here" equipment inside? I'd rather buy my own stuff, but that is just me.

http://www.newsobserver.com/business/story/2465247p-8869539c.html

It wouldn't be a deciding factor in what home I bought but it could possibly sway me if undecided between one without and one with. Pretty creative, I like it!
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Re: North Carolina Builder sells new homes with a garage full of Deere equipment
Reply #2   Jun 2, 2005 8:50 pm
I would be influenced.  The wife would be wearing a walkman and a set of mirrored sunglasses with the mirrors on the inside......

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #3   Jun 3, 2005 12:17 am
It's quality John Deere Equipment, i'd see what kind of a deal I could make. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #4   Jun 7, 2005 5:18 am
Pound for pound, beer would probably make better bait.  Nothin like a fully stocked garage fridge, and plenty of surplus, standby cases at the ready.
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #5   Jun 7, 2005 8:26 pm
All your ideas are great... !

Deere... Beere... it's a good day !...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

AZinOH

Those who accept self-deception will perish by it.
Shakespeare said "to thine own self be true".

Reply #6   Jun 7, 2005 8:42 pm
I would hope that homes ranging between $375-$500k would be on lots big enough that the buyers would be chomping at the bit to start all sorts of fun landscaping projects. Why not make them pay for...er, that is "include" in the "price" a garden tractor big enough to handle a small FEL and maybe a BH. I mean, whats another $15k on what they were already planning to do?

AZ

Snowblower...Toro Power Max 726te 2004

Lawn tractor...AYP w/ 14.5 Briggs-42in 2000

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42