Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > I saw my first cordless battery push mower in action

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

I saw my first cordless battery push mower in action
Original Message   May 31, 2005 3:14 pm
I was driving around this weekend do ing my errands and saw a fella pushing a cordless electric mower. It was hard for me to see what brand while going by at 40 MPH, but it seemed to be cutting 5"-6" tall grass with no problem. He had a small lawn to do, and it probably works well for him.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Termy

Re: I saw my first cordless battery push mower in action
Reply #1   May 31, 2005 5:40 pm
I have used a Black & Decker Cordless mower and it was able to cut 4 inches tall grass with ease and the battery lasted 15 minutes. If this guy was cutting 6 inches tall grass, it would probably bog down and the battery would last probably only 5 minutes.

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #2   May 31, 2005 10:39 pm
Joe, I bet they work just fine for real small lawns. I wouldn't want to use them on a grass like bermuda though.
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #3   Jun 1, 2005 12:02 am
My sister travels alot w/ her husband, and instead of a landscaper, the have a robot lawnmower.  It works like that Roomba vacuum if you've seen that.  It cuts the lawn, then goes back to home port to recharge, then cuts another area.  Works nbon stop even at night.  Now they live on a pretty small, flat,  lot approx 1/8 acre, but I have to admit it cuts their lawn pretty darn good.  I've seen it run and it cuts like a mad man, w/ no noise.  I think it was $1,000 or so.    
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #4   Jun 1, 2005 12:07 am
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42