Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Backyard golf course

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Backyard golf course
Original Message   May 29, 2005 9:46 pm
Hi Gang.
About 3 years ago my neighbor started working on putting a golf green in the middle of his backyard. It started with dirt taken from the side of a hill at the bottom of his yard and lots of leveling and contouring. He maintains it pretty well and each year it  improves. It's still a touch rough around the edges, but fun to use and it looks pretty nice. Today we had the first "Bedlem Knob Invitational".  LOL.  I was responsible for supplying the tee area and fairway. What a good excuse to do some serious striping with the Simplicity roller deck. All in all, we had a pretty good time on our basic chip and putt hole. If we hit from up by my shed it was a par 3, straight to the green. From the back tee it was a dog leg left par 4. You could lay up on the flat, or if you had the nuts, you go over the apple trees.  LOL   Needless to say, we won't be turning pro anytime soon. Heres a few pics.

Heres a shot from my deck looking back at the tee area.

Heres a shot of most of the fairway from up by the green.

Heres a shot of the green. Notice the quiet sign to the right.

Heres me with my pasty white legs, sinking a par putt. I think the only one. Tough little green.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Replies: 13 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Backyard golf course
Reply #13   May 30, 2005 7:31 pm
So true Kevin, so true.

I wouldn't mind a Cleveland Launcher, too much $ though.
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #14   May 31, 2005 11:16 am
That is just awesome Kevin,  a small piece of heaven in your back yard!

Very peaceful just looking at it.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Vangellis

Reply #15   May 31, 2005 12:00 pm
ChrisS wrote:
That is just awesome Kevin,  a small piece of heaven in your back yard!

Very peaceful just looking at it.

C

Thanks Chris. It is peaceful. We call our place, "The Emerald Acre". Just a tad Irish. LOL  It's in the country, but only a 1/2 mile from the main road. The house is a small ranch home, but with the basement finished off, theres plenty of room. Best part is I have real good neighbors. I think that makes life a little easier.
Funny thing I forgot to mention was after about 2 hours out there, we actually started to get a little tired. My neighbor suggested we get our tractors and use them as golf carts.  LOL.  I think the wives would have called the loony bin at that point.                                                             Kevin 

Simplicity Conquest
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #16   May 31, 2005 12:18 pm
That's a very cool idea.  I wonder what my neighbors think when I get tractors and race them against the ones I already have to see which is faster.  

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #17   Jun 1, 2005 12:58 am
Vangellis wrote:
 My neighbor suggested we get our tractors and use them as golf carts.  LOL.  I think the wives would have called the loony bin at that point.                                                             Kevin 

No way man, that just adds the iceing on the piece of heaven cake lol....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #18   Jun 1, 2005 11:24 am
John Deere really did make this option for the 120 and 140 tractor for use as a golf cart. That kind of versatility just isn't available any more from most manufacturers.

golfer-transporter

This message was modified Jun 1, 2005 by bontaiJoe

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Marshall

Reply #19   Jun 1, 2005 11:42 am
That's wild. I would love to find one of those!
Vangellis

Reply #20   Jun 1, 2005 11:59 am
Joe, that's definetely a piece of work. Simplicity makes these. Looks like you could take the whole party with you on one of these. Not sure what the green color is all about, but I saw one of these at my Simplicity dealers showroom. It was hugh.

Kevin

Turf cruiser

Trail cruiser

Simplicity Conquest
Marshall

Reply #21   Jun 1, 2005 1:11 pm
Cool Golf Cart for Hunting/Off Road

http://www.biggameproshop.com/4x4lifted-golf-cart.htm

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #22   Jun 3, 2005 12:33 am
Lifted carts, that's Marshall's vehicle.  I like them too. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 13 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42