Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Compact Tractors

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

Compact Tractors
Original Message   May 26, 2005 4:23 pm
Since im not posting much during the Summer months, here's a fresh topic. 

Who here runs a Compact tractor, not the usuall lawn style, at least a Deere  2210, Kubota  BX 1500, Simplicity Legacy model as examples.

Might be looking for a used machine with a Loader and such down the road a piece.

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Compact Tractors
Reply #1   May 26, 2005 4:50 pm
I don't, my Ariens Grand Sierra is close but no cigar. I think Dave_in_Ct has one and I remember Mad Dog buying a Bota. Who else?
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #2   May 26, 2005 7:07 pm
Hi MM...

Compact utility tractor... yeah... have a 2004 4wd Kubota L3130... bought new... w/ loader and 9' backhoe & couple other attachments... fully enclosed cab w/ heater... ~~30hp

Previously had a 1987 4wd Deere 750 with loader & 7' backhoe & snowplow & finish mower deck... bought used... a physically smaller machine at ~~20hp... Excellent machine !

Before the Deere... owned an older 2wd Power King w/ loader, snowplow and belly mower... bought used...  ~~14hp ??

About 10 years using 'em...

Glad to talk & possibly help... here or on the telephone... I'm not here as much as I would like... so you can email me to get my or your phone number to discuss it... 

My uncle was... and cousin currently is...  John Deere dealers... and I have good rapport with a knowledgable Kubota dealer... so have access to expert info/advice...

Primary thing is to identify what you want to do with the machine... the $$$ will take care of thenselves... more than you wanna' spend !... LOL...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

Reply #3   May 26, 2005 7:41 pm
Evening Dave. I remember that Kubota you got not too long ago. You have it in STate, or did it stay up north for the winter?  Its not as much as what i need now, but down the road.

My inlaws have 2 acres, arnt getting younger, and have honest uses for one to rplace a old LX176.

Just starting to resarch and kick ideas around. it seems I studdy somthing for 2 years or so before I buy.

This message was modified May 26, 2005 by MountainMan

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42