Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snapper Engine Replacement

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Snapper Engine Replacement
Original Message   May 24, 2005 11:44 pm
I am thinking sometime that I'd like to get my Snapper running again as the one currently on it is shot.  It appears to be a '79 model that has been in the family for a bit of time.  I am looking for a very good replacement engine for it.  The mower model number is V212P, and the engine model is 92908, type 1826-01, and code 78121108.  I have looked at the Briggs Quantum I/C and I like that engine, but am not sure if it would fit on the mower.  I don't like having to drill holes in the frame, but if that means a better engine I'll do that.  I don't want to put too much money into the engine though.  I will definitely need electric start or the Prime'N Pull system found on the Quantum.   It seems that I'd get more starting from the electric start if  I ever had to crank for and extended period of time.  Can the Quantum's or the other engine that supersedes this one be fitted with electric start? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
AJace

Re: Snapper Engine Replacement
Reply #3   May 25, 2005 2:12 pm
The actual mower is in good shape.  It recently had the drive system worked on.  Marty, the number I pulled up looks like a Quantum, I found one @ Northern Tool for about $230 including shipping.   It's not the I/C engine, though.  I will probably buy the I/C for better performance, plus I think it looks better.    Looks like $248 for the I/C, and $50 more for the electric start model.  I didn't see any engine @ Northern Tool that had the Prime'N Pull start on them.  I'll email Small Engine Warehouse and see what their price on the I/C with electric start will be. 
It seems that the Tecumseh 2 cycles are better than their regular 4 cycle.  They seem to run louder and without the ability for electric start, I think that option is out.  Thanks to both of you doing some research for me on this.   
This message was modified May 26, 2005 by AJace

AJace

Reply #4   May 26, 2005 12:06 pm
Northern Tool is having a Big Deal on one of their engines.   The model number of the engine in question is 123K02-0015-E1.  It seems that is basically the same engine, but with 6.5 vs. 5.0.  I'd really like a I/C but I think compression & valve jobs are more frequent on those? 

MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #5   May 26, 2005 12:08 pm
buttlint wrote:
(1978) 27 years old is real old.

Hey I take exception to being called pretty old.      

Sherri

AJace

Reply #6   May 26, 2005 12:11 pm
She's still a good one. 

buttlint

Reply #7   May 26, 2005 5:41 pm
MissSnowshoveler wrote:
Hey I take exception to being called pretty old.      

Sherri

Sherri....... you poor thing......27 years old.....
I have things in my refridgerator that are older than that.
So what are you doing hooked up with snowshoveler? ..........................He must be in his mid 60's by now.
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #8   May 26, 2005 6:48 pm
Lint old pal...

whats your point,if ya can keep the young women happy then life is grand aint it.

she always has that silly smile ,must be cause of me.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
MissSnowshoveler

Reply #9   May 27, 2005 7:42 am
'Lint - if your fridge has things in it that is older then 27 years - what happens when you open the door?  Do little mold fuzzies start dancing around?

Shoveler - I'm thinking that you are thinking way too much of yourself again.  It's time to go back onto your medication.

Sherri

Termy

Reply #10   May 27, 2005 3:53 pm
Hi Ajace!

I was speaking to some engine repair guys in my area and they agreed that the B&S Quantom engine should fit on your mower. Let me know when you are going to buy it!

buttlint

Reply #11   May 27, 2005 7:11 pm
Sherri,
'Lint - if your fridge has things in it that is older then 27 years - what happens when you open the door?  Do little mold fuzzies start dancing around?
Beer doesnt go bad in the refrigerator.

Shoveler - I'm thinking that you are thinking way too much of yourself again.  It's time to go back onto your medication.
Just be careful on how many of those "little blue pills" you slip in his oatmeal.....The poor old guy won't be able too stand close enough too his bench too get any work done.

AJace

Reply #12   May 27, 2005 10:48 pm
I think it should Termy, but some say it might not clear the chute properly.  I'm trying to find out if 122K02-0015-E1 is a Quantum.  I can get 123K02-0015-E1 for $193, but don't know if it would fit.  This is something I am getting info on, and isn't anything I am in a hurry to get done. 

Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42