Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Before and after. What do you think?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
cleanmaxx_brian

"At least I am enjoying the ride"

Before and after. What do you think?
Original Message   May 22, 2005 6:25 pm
Before and afters are fun! What do you think?

BEFORE.....

AFTER........

I also put down 28 Cu Ft of red ceader mulch and Preen. Amazing what a little color can do! (Sorry no real before pics here)

Left side

Right side...

I need to get some more Hostas (sp?) and a new larger plant for in between the 2 tall skinny ones above. Not sure what I want yet...

What do you think so far?

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Re: Before and after. What do you think?
Reply #11   May 22, 2005 8:42 pm
Very nice Brian! 

The wooden ramp, after you stained it, really dresses up the shed.  The shrubs look really too, with the red bark around them.  What kind of hostas are you going to get?  There are such a huge variety of them, it would be nice to put in a some different ones, especially the ones with different kinds of flowers, so they bloom at different times and set each other off.  The variety in leaves looks pretty sharp as well.

Paula

mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #12   May 22, 2005 9:10 pm
Very nice Brian

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
lland

Reply #13   May 22, 2005 9:25 pm
Looks good...

My brother lived in Wantagh for a couple of years a while back.  Nice area.

LL

2001 Toro 20023 Personal Pace
2002 John Deere Trimmer/Edger/Blower
2003 Craftsman DYT 4000 - 25HP/48" w/bagger
2003 Toro 826LE Snowblower
2004 Mantis Tiller/Dethatcher/Aerator/Edger
2005 Husqvarna 145BT Backpack Blower
Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Craftsman 40" Plug Aerator
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #14   May 23, 2005 1:25 am
I thought the before picture was good as it was, but it improved greatly.  That little triangle above the front door looks like it could use just a bit more washing, but it maybe my eyes.  How did you get that nice design in the sidewalk?  Over a very nice tidy place there Brian.  Not as neat as mine. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #15   May 24, 2005 9:30 pm
This might be a little of the subject here. I don't know how popular palms are up north, but today I was at work and we hook up new house services in the new sub divisons. I can not believe how close to the house these people plant palms. I mean some of them are like 3 ft aways Im talking about like queen palms they get to be about 25 feet tall. Does no one think ahead?? I just did a trimming job where a lady had a washingtoin by her house and it scratched all the paint and rotted the eves of the house. I was just wondering if anyone else sees this??

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #16   May 24, 2005 9:42 pm
Actually, our first house had a huge ash tree butted right up to the house....the roots had pushed up the concrete of the front porch.  To top it off, the woman who planted it happily told us that was the tree SHE planted....if she wasn't a little ole lady, I would've been tempted to trip her. 

What blew me away was that it didn't occur to anyone AS the tree was getting huge that maybe, just maybe, this wasn't the best place for a great big old ash tree (not like it happened overnight)??! 

Needless to say, we paid someone to cut it down (they did a beautiful job taking it down...didn't drop anything on the roof and were incredibly inexpensive for all we had done).  I was surprised though when I called the lumber yards to see if anyone was interested in the wood for free, just to come and haul it away, no one wanted it....the tree was straight and I thought it would make for some great lumber...wound up cutting it up and letting my mom burn it in her woodburner.  Just seemed like a shame to use such good wood for that. 

Paula

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #17   May 24, 2005 9:42 pm
LOL, no Palms in Oklahoma, real ones anyway. Well, maybe in some inside areas I know of.

I see the same thing all the time here with Pine trees. People plant them 5-6 feet apart and wonder why they grow together later.
AJace

Reply #18   May 24, 2005 11:23 pm
No palms here either.  I have fruit trees about 25 feet from the house.  Have you been in Florida most all your life? 

mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #19   May 25, 2005 4:10 pm
I've lived here all my life 25 yrs lol

AJace

Reply #20   May 25, 2005 4:25 pm
I guess it is a great place to be minus the storms and all.  I'd probably live up near Mobile Alabama or anywhere to get away from those storms.  I'd miss the change in seasons, cause I really do like to blow snow. 

Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42