Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Dual element air cleaners

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Dual element air cleaners
Original Message   May 20, 2005 7:13 pm
I tried to find it but could====it was a discussion about oiling the foam precleaner.    Brigg,s recommends oiling---Tecumseh does not.   What are your thoughts of this?  Who is right---Brigg,s or Tecumseh?   I want to believe Tecumseh-- for oiling makes for a mess and I am not too much on washing in soap and water and reusing.  I usually replace.   On my TVT-691 Tecumseh I merely blow it out  from the engine side and reuse it usually for a season and then replace>(sometimes both filters) Appreciate your thoughts on this subject.----Your friend Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
cleanmaxx_brian

"At least I am enjoying the ride"

Re: Dual element air cleaners
Reply #11   May 21, 2005 10:47 am
Bill_D I too oil all of my $$$$ RC engines!

And this is why the filters are soooo important!

And I also going to try and keep my OPE stuff oiled where the manufacture calls for it. I have heard of people using WD40 but that seams way too thin IMHO.

This message was modified May 21, 2005 by cleanmaxx_brian

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #12   May 21, 2005 11:25 am
Brian awesome trucks man!!!!!   I love that wheelie bar on trhe one.I have a savage all decked out w/ aluminum parts, and a .28 Rossi.  Helis are my main thing rite now.
cleanmaxx_brian

Reply #13   May 21, 2005 1:46 pm
Heli's rule! I havn't gotten into them....YET! Savages are a great truck too...don't have one yet either...

For more of my RC pictures:

http://www.pbase.com/cleanmaxx_brian/my_rc_collection

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #14   May 21, 2005 3:27 pm
Brian---That is some truck--I would just about need a ladder to get in it.   Beautiful pictures --know you are proud of them---Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #15   May 21, 2005 4:37 pm
Brian, Bill,I often wondered if you can run those through dirt, but how about water? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #16   May 21, 2005 10:27 pm
Ajace, they tear through puddles and stuff, but if you get in water to deep(about 4" or more) and you'll suck water through the air cleaner assembly and stall it.  Now, you would have to be driving for a long period of time in the deep water to do so, a quick dash accross it will not get sucked in, but true submersion of the air cleaner assembly will allow water to get sucked in.  these trucks are amazingly durable, and fast for their weight.  I have literally jumped mine onto my house, and then driven off the other side of it, landed like a cat and peeled away laugin' .  Rite now my savage has a .28 engine, and is geared w/ a 18/49 clutch bell/flywheel, and will do about low 50's mph.  There is a truck called the EK2 that I have seen geared to run over 90 mph.  They are a riot!!  I currently invest most my time w/ my helis.  I'm flyin a Raptor 90 class.   I have sooooo much time invested in learning to fly these things, I would be embarrassed to admit.  I can now hover and fly around my front yard like a pro.  but nothin like some of these guys do w/ flying inverted and such, not yet anyways.   I also just got into E-Flite sailplanes, and I think it may be my favorite of all.  I have a 3Meter wingspan sail plane that uses an electric motor to climb it up to about 1,000 feet, then you kill the motor and just glide, and catch thermals.  It's amazing, I had a flight of over an hour 2 weeks ago, coulda gone for alot longer, just my neck was to stiff from looking up to keep her aloft any more.  Planes are EZ to fly cause they are built to fly.  Helis on the other hand, whoever invented them musta been out of his mind.  They dont want to fly, you have to force them to. 
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #17   May 21, 2005 10:33 pm
That is amazing.  I wanted to get one sometime, but somewhere heard they have a short life time with the engine.  I think that is a legend though. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #18   May 21, 2005 11:46 pm
Nahh, Engines last about 10 gallons of nitro.  figure about 50 servivings of tanks of 20 minutes each per gallon.  Ya dont often wear out an engine if ya treat them right.  Use after run oil, and you'll never see the end of them.
cleanmaxx_brian

Reply #19   May 22, 2005 12:09 am
Yup...my record is 16 gallons in a .21. It was shot after that though. No compression at all! LOL! The biggest problem is dirt in the intake! I used to race them on the beach...and you can but a few grains of sand and your day is done! But seeing a rooster tail 5 feet in the air and an easy 12 feet back is just plain awesome! 

RC's in any form are LOTS OF FUN! However they can be a little pricey;-)  $1,000 into a truck is EASY to do! It is all about modifing them!!!

And your Raptor is the "T-Maxx" of heli's...tons of aftermarket goodies for that thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Chang

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #20   May 22, 2005 12:58 am
Here's are good oil filters with high flow rates...........

Oil Filter
Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42