Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Echo's New Top handle chain saw

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Echo's New Top handle chain saw
Original Message   May 19, 2005 2:54 pm
I think that is a great idea.  I'd buy one.  It's on the home page of the Echo Website

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Emmo

Re: Echo's New Top handle chain saw
Reply #1   May 19, 2005 3:10 pm
These are new "models" of top handled saws.

Echo and others have made top handled saws for years. Primarily used by pros when working in treetops or in boomtruck topping or pruning trees up high.
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #2   May 19, 2005 3:28 pm
We have sold several of these types of saws to Christmas tree growers and a few to tree pruning operations.  They might look like they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but none of the guys/gals around here like them.  They'll grab any saw off the back of the truck (even a swede saw) just to say they didn't have to use that type of saw.

The first ones we sold went to a local Christmas tree grower and exporter.  He didn't keep them 6 months, traded them in for 'normal' chain saws.  Although they are supposed to be easier to handle and lighter to use they really didn't like them at all.  The next round went to a tree pruning company.  They had 'normal' saws and 'bucket' saws.  They dropped the 'bucket' saws out of the bucket to smash them so they didn't have to use them.

So everyone has a preference, we have sold the used ones and they have never came back (to home owners).  We just try to steer clear of them all together now. They are a little harder to get used to, and not many take the time to get used to them, personally I didn't like the feel of them.  I'd probably grab for the swede saw too.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #3   May 19, 2005 4:51 pm
I does look like that would be a bit tricky to maneuver, the way the handle is centered.  If they contoured it more, I see more people liking it.  Looks like it's for light & tricky work anyhow. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

robmints

Reply #4   May 19, 2005 6:25 pm

http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/MS200T.html

They have had these forever. Used to be called 021 I think. Never seen a tree service without at least one on the truck. Usually one of the most used saws they have. If I remember they were about $500.
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #5   May 19, 2005 8:31 pm
Last year I looked for a light trimming chain saw...

Research led me to the Echo's''.... this new one was not available then....

Never bought or used a top-handled chainsaw... used an $80 top-end hand-ax for trimming instead !  

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42