Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Shed roof extension

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Shed roof extension
Original Message   May 14, 2005 8:01 pm
     Hi Gang. A few weeks ago, I had an extension built off my shed roof for a couple of reasons. Although I chose this style roof for the inside height, it caused me problems in the winter. If there was snow on the roof, it would melt during the day and freeze at night. This would cause an ice dam to form at the bottom of the doors. Well, it became a lot of work just to chip the ice away to get inside the shed. I'd think "great, I can't even get to my blower". Also, even during the warmer months if it was raining, you couldn't leave the doors open, because it would come right off the roof onto the doors. Not good. Anyway, it's remedied now. I also had the contractor put in a couple lofts and a work bench. It's 12x20, so I have enough room for the 2 tractors, snowblower, pushmower, wheelbarrow and then some.
     Another consideration for anyone in the market for a shed is location. Originally I had a couple spots in mind that were farther down in my backyard. One day while staring out the back patio door, I thought about how much fun it would be to trudge through a foot of snow all the way to the bottom of my yard. I finally decided on a good spot up close to the house and right off my deck. It's just so much easier to get things and to get rolling with the task at hand. Unless of course, you need a hiding spot from the spouse.   LOL
     Anyway, if anyone out there is in the market for a shed, I hope this gives you a little food for thought.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42