Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Future of Ingersoll (Case) garden tractors?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Future of Ingersoll (Case) garden tractors?
Original Message   May 11, 2005 10:16 am
Anyone hear anything about the future of Ingersoll garden tractors? They shut down production last fall during bankruptcy proceedings. I heard a rumor that there might be a possible refinancing deal to bring them back? Any news?

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Future of Ingersoll (Case) garden tractors?
Reply #1   May 11, 2005 11:40 am
I haven't heard that. But I'll keep my ears open. Might research it? Sure liked those Ingersolls!
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #2   May 11, 2005 3:25 pm
Joe, I like it when you keep the board updated with the news you find out.  Please keep it coming.   

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

There IS a future for Ingersoll!
Reply #3   May 16, 2005 11:10 am
I just found this today! Apparently I'm not the only guy to think that these are too good a quality machine to let the line die.

Golf Course News Magazine » News »

Eastman Industries acquires Ingersoll Equipment

Portland, Maine -- Eastman Industries has acquired Ingersoll Equipment Co., based in Winneconne, Wis., which has been manufacturing premium lawn and garden tractors, mowers, loaders and backhoes since 1962.

For Eastman Industries, a manufacturer of hovering lawn mowers in the United States, it means adding a line of tractors and adding to its line of walk-behind, ride-on and hovering mowers.

“We have a nice range of commercial walk behind mowers and Ingersoll gives us the larger ride-on equipment so we have a more complete line of lawnmowers,” says Nick Nikazmerad, president of Eastman. “It completes the circle for us and it gives us a good match.”

Eastman plans to move Ingersoll’s manufacturing and administrative facilities to join with its existing facilities in Portland, Maine. Nikazmerad says a new building will be constructed that will house both the Eastman and Ingersoll manufacturing lines.

“We’ve been to the Ingersoll facility and we’re looking at what we can do to make the new facility more efficient and up to date,” he says. “More than likely, we’ll be using lean manufacturing, which we do at Eastman, to make our production lean and competitive.”

For dealers, this is great news according to Linda Thompson, Eastman’s national sales manager. She says that Eastman dealers will now be able to add Ingersoll products to their showrooms. She adds that the company plans to keep Ingersoll’s current distribution network while looking for additional distributors to expand the company’s distribution.

“The brand has a great following and a great reputation and we’re hoping to improve on it modernize it,” Nikazmerad says. “We have no intention to change the color or diminish the brand identity of the tractors and equipment.”

Monday, May 9, 2005

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #4   May 16, 2005 11:26 am
"“More than likely, we’ll be using lean manufacturing, which we do at Eastman, to make our production lean and competitive.”

Hopefully this won't mean more than "effectient methods of manufacturing."

I'm glad to hear they will still be around! Thanks Joe!

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42