Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Craftsman Blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Captain

Craftsman Blower
Original Message   May 10, 2005 11:35 pm
I need to get a small light weight handheld blower. I will only use it mainly to blow out the gutters on two houses. I don't  need a high price unit  and noticed Sears has a 25c,185 mph,385 cfm blower on sale for $ 89.99. this is $10.00 off the  regular price. I am getting tired of pulling a 100 ft. drop cord on my electric blower. Also Wal-Mart has a Weed Eater blower for only $ 69.99. The Sears unit has a 1 year warranty and I think the Weed Eater has a 2 yr. waranty. Just can't justify a $ 160-200 Echo or Sthil at tis time. Who makes the Craftsman Blower and Weed Eater?. Any other brands or sugestions for under $100.00 ?. I just need a blower and not one with the vaccum or shredder. Thanks for any imput.   
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Re: Craftsman Blower
Reply #1   May 10, 2005 11:52 pm
Cap,
I'm not positive, but I had a Poulan/Weedeater and it looks very similiar to that.  I understand Poulan/Weedeater makes the blowers for Sears.   The one you list that Sears has on sale looks like is it also a vaccum.  If so, I would buy the Sears, because the Weedeater at Wal-mart probably doesn't have the vac.  Again, I'm not positive but the one at Sears very well could have a vac on it. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Termy

Reply #2   May 11, 2005 12:50 am
I agree with Ajace on this. As you said, you don't need a high qaulity blower so that 90 dollar one will be great for you! The fact that it can be converted in a vacume gives you the upper hand because you can suck up leaves for mulch to put in the garden! I would not buy a weed eater brand from Wall Mart under any circumstances especially for that price!

cleanmaxx_brian

"At least I am enjoying the ride"

Reply #3   May 11, 2005 8:31 am
I looked at that unit before I purchased the Echo BP200 at Home Depot for $159. The reason I went this way was because of the weight. Plus I did not need the vacume part of the unit. Now that I have the Echo, it is STILL heavy after a bit of blowing and holding it up to do gutters would only make it worse. However, with weight comes power...and that machine moves more CFM than my Echo.

Just my 2cents of course

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42