Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Bought a pressure washer today!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
cleanmaxx_brian

"At least I am enjoying the ride"

Bought a pressure washer today!
Original Message   May 10, 2005 7:36 pm
Hi all,
    Well I bit the bullet and picked up a small Troy Built power washer. I have wanted one for some time now...nothing big. I just wanted to wash my daughters wooden swing set and try it out on the vinyl siding (I normally wash it every other year with a car brush and hose).  So I was wondering around Lowes and saw this machine for $275...I think to myself  "thats pretty cheap" and it is just like the one I saw on "Two Guys Garage"  this past Sunday (The Craftsman and the Troy Built are the same). So I bring it home and set it up. Added oil (It came with a 18 oz bottle and the directions say the engine holds 20oz. I added the whole bottle and now it is way too full! ARGH! I had to pour a bit out to get it in the zone) and gas and connected the hose and fired it up. 4.75 low end Briggs honking horse power....how much pressure can this little thing make?  Well I grab the trigger and WOW! Nice!!! I went through 4 1/2 tanks of gas today I did the swing, the house (Did a much better job than I just did 2 weeks ago!!!ARGH!), some plastic planters that were covered in green mold, and the driveway!!! I tried all 4 of the nozels and they really do  have one for every project!  I must say, I am quiet happy with the new purchase! For more info, check out:
http://www.troybilt-gen-pw.com/pressure_washers/model.cfm?id=196
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=188016-348-20245&lpage=none

PRODUCT DETAILS

• 2200 Max PSI
  • 2.2 Max GPM
  • 4.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Engine
    For more power, reliability and easy starting
  • Axial Cam Pump with Easy Start Pump Technology
  • Four Briggs & Stratton ProjectPro™ Nozzles (Delicate, General, Max and Soap)
    With preset pressure and flow settiings for optimal cleaning
  • Detergent Injection System
  • 25 Foot Hose
  • Stainless Steel Components
  • Bonus! Includes Turbo Nozzle and 112 Page How-To Project Guide
    $50 Value
  • 1 Year Consumer, 90 Day Commercial Warranty

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Bought a pressure washer today!
Reply #1   May 10, 2005 7:45 pm
Brian, congrats on your new PW!

Is the warranty on the engine 2 years instead of 1?
Termy

Reply #2   May 10, 2005 7:53 pm
Congradulations on your new purchase of a power washer! I hope it lasts you a long time and a bunch of enjoyment!

cleanmaxx_brian

Reply #3   May 10, 2005 8:18 pm
Yup...2 years unless I was using it to make money (comercial) then it would be 90 days.
The rest of the machine is 1 year.

I got a shed with lots of new toys!!!
My Bradley 32" commercial walk behind.
A new Ariens Snow Blower (Can't wait to really try it out...well yes I can!)
Echo PB200 blower
Troy Built Pressure Washer
and a new 18v cordless hedge trimmer
This message was modified May 10, 2005 by cleanmaxx_brian

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #4   May 10, 2005 8:28 pm
Ya done good! 
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #5   May 11, 2005 12:09 am
I should probably buy one as no one around me or any one in the family has one.  The side of the house desperately needs cleaned, and I haven't even gotten any estimates for having someone do it for me.  That would take the fun out of the project though    However, the people I have talked to scared me when they said I blew a hole in concrete and such.  I think that could be done, but what is the reality of blowing hole in the siding trying to clean it?  
Brian, nice buy.  What engine did Troy put on there? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Termy

Reply #6   May 11, 2005 12:11 am
Ajace, all you have to do is adjust the preasure via the preasure regulator. When cleaning siding, you should not use no more than 1500 PSI. For the heck of man don't use 2400 or 3000 PSI!

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #7   May 11, 2005 12:18 am
LOL 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

cleanmaxx_brian

Reply #8   May 11, 2005 8:27 am
With my machine, you change out the nozels. Nice and simple. Included is a "gentle" for like washing cars. Then the medium, what I used to do the ground floor siding, the driveway, and the swing set. The most powerful nozel is um...POWERFUL! I used this to do the 2nd story siding. It shoots water about 15 feet before it goes to mist. Also in the "kit" came a turbo nozel...it kinda spins the water. I have not found the perfect aplication for this special nosel yet...but give me time!

For the price, I think this was a good buy. I am not sure how much it would cost to have someone come and do my house but I bet hiring 1 or 2 times would cover the cost of this homeowner grade machine.

Brian Chang

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42