Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Heads up and Important

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Heads up and Important
Original Message   May 9, 2005 3:24 pm
I know a lot of you use this browser, I just stumbled across this warning article.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/120756

I hope I posted this properly.

C

This message was modified May 9, 2005 by ChrisS

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Replies: 17 - 26 of 26Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Heads up and Important
Reply #17   May 9, 2005 11:33 pm
ChrisS wrote:
I remember vividly when this site was being literally created by Peter about the problems folks with IE had here.  I have always run IE here and never had the problems then or now other than the site still continueing to log me off after I have been offline for a few hours.  I have accepted the fact that if that is going to be my only problem I can live with it.  I don't know why my system has always done fine here but it does.  I do remember Peter not being a fan of IE.  If my memory serves me he called the entire Windows operating system a Beta program.

I am glad the info I found was helpful and hopefully spares all of you any aggravation.

C

Thanks Chris, you're a good man Charlie Brown!
ChrisS

Reply #18   May 9, 2005 11:54 pm
Your welcome...

I am doing research for my finals due on Friday and I literally stumbled across that article and remembered you guys talking about how much you like that OS and I was like "holy crap Batman" I gotta let the guys and gals know about this!

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Emmo

Reply #19   May 10, 2005 8:20 pm
I don't believe this statement was on the Mozilla website yesterday.......

Security Advisory (May 8, 2005) The Mozilla Foundation is aware of two potentially critical Firefox security vulnerabilities as reported publicly Saturday, May 7th. There are currently no known active exploits of these vulnerabilities although a "proof of concept" has been reported. Changes to the Mozilla Update web service have been made to mitigate the risk of an exploit. Mozilla is aggressively working to provide a more comprehensive solution to these potential vulnerabilities and will provide that solution in a forthcoming security update. Users can further protect themselves today by temporarily disabling JavaScript.

For more information about the vulnerabilities, see the advisory. Further information including the availability of updates will be posted at www.mozilla.org.

Marshall

Reply #20   May 10, 2005 8:30 pm
Very interesting. They must have read this thread. 
Emmo

Reply #21   May 11, 2005 1:05 pm
I've found this page from Mozilla that describes Firefox vulnerabilities and how to empty your "whitelist" and disable Javascript until the new fix comes in. HTH
Emmo

Reply #22   May 12, 2005 10:36 am
Firefox 1.0.4 is now available

Security issues have been addressed.
Marshall

Reply #23   May 12, 2005 12:10 pm
Emmo, thank you Sir!
Termy

Reply #24   May 12, 2005 6:22 pm
Thanks very much Emmo! I downloaded the new version and installed it. Version 1.04 ha? Well, lets hope its great and no more security holes! Mozilla should know better

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #25   May 12, 2005 7:45 pm
Thanks, Emmo and Termy.  I have updated and it is just about flawless.  I got a Spellbound error but it has either been fixed or believe I know how to fix it.  Thanks for telling about this Chris. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

ChrisS

Reply #26   May 14, 2005 6:43 pm
AJace wrote:
Thanks for telling about this Chris. 

Sorry I missed this post AJ, hey, you are welcome and my pleasure, happy I came across it....

C

Replies: 17 - 26 of 26Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42