Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Self Venting Gas Can

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Termy

Self Venting Gas Can
Original Message   May 9, 2005 3:15 pm
I found out that they make two new kinds of gas cans these days. One, is a self venting gas can, this works by a tube running through the spout which lets air run through along with the gas!  The other is a carb gas can which is a anti spill. Basically, it works like the pump at the gas station! I bought the self venting gas can because its cheaper than carb gas cans. The self venting gas cans look like this, I bought a 1 gallon though

Self venting gas can...

Carb gas cans look like this...

Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
lland

Re: Self Venting Gas Can
Reply #3   May 9, 2005 4:48 pm
I bought a 5 gallon gas can last year.  I literally spent weeks looking for the "old style" before I found out they aren't produced any more.  I hate the new one.  Filling my tractor (4 gallon tank) takes FOREVER!!!

LL

2001 Toro 20023 Personal Pace
2002 John Deere Trimmer/Edger/Blower
2003 Craftsman DYT 4000 - 25HP/48" w/bagger
2003 Toro 826LE Snowblower
2004 Mantis Tiller/Dethatcher/Aerator/Edger
2005 Husqvarna 145BT Backpack Blower
Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Craftsman 40" Plug Aerator
Termy

Reply #4   May 9, 2005 7:43 pm
You can get gas pumps made to go on 5 gallon gas cans at northern tool. They will make fueling up your tractor much easier!

Gas Can Pumps
This message was modified May 9, 2005 by Termy

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #5   May 9, 2005 8:33 pm
Termy, good info there buddy!
robmints

Reply #6   May 9, 2005 8:42 pm
lland wrote:
I bought a 5 gallon gas can last year.  I literally spent weeks looking for the "old style" before I found out they aren't produced any more.  I hate the new one.  Filling my tractor (4 gallon tank) takes FOREVER!!!

LL

Agreed LL.
I got a replacement spout (non-spill-proof) and drilled a hole in the back of the can. I think you can still get the other cans, just not in every state. And retailers won't ship. You need to find a friend to buy you one and ship it to you.
Termy

Reply #7   May 9, 2005 11:08 pm
Thanks Marshall

If you own a small engine shop where your fueling many engines or if you work on cars and your fueling them up I would think that this is a good investment!

Please Click Here To See What I Am Talking About

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #8   May 9, 2005 11:12 pm
Yep, it sure would be, but I don't. lol 
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #9   May 10, 2005 1:04 am
Yourt link is to "Uncle Joe's".  I know Joe.  Joe rocks!!!!   Have been a customer there for 12+ years.
Termy

Reply #10   May 10, 2005 2:51 am
Bill_D wrote:
Yourt link is to "Uncle Joe's".  I know Joe.  Joe rocks!!!!   Have been a customer there for 12+ years.

You Better Believe It

bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #11   May 10, 2005 11:07 am
I was a bit shocked at the price of 5 gallon metal gas cans. I'll definitely take better care of the ones I have. Some of the ones' on the site Terminator posted were over $70! At that price, they oughta at least be full of fresh fuel!

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Termy

Reply #12   May 10, 2005 11:45 am
I did notice the cost of the metal 5 gallons were high. Even the military 5 gallon plastic gas cans were expensive. Remember though, if you buy a carb gas can, its going to be much more expensive. Just to buy a 1 gallon carb gas can would cost you 10 to 12 bucks.

Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42