Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Simplicity

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
PaulR

Browns, Cavs, Indians...just wait till next year!

Simplicity
Original Message   May 8, 2005 10:40 am
I saw a couple of things on Simplicity's website regarding their corporate family tie in with Agco, and I also saw where Simplicity was purchased by Briggs and Stratton.  Does anyone have any clarification on this?  Are they owned by Briggs and they make some small tractors for Agco' Massey line?  Just wondering.  I wonder how some of the other mower companies feel about Briggs' vertical integration with them  now owning Murray, Snapper, and Simplicity?  Does anyone think this will make some of the other companies out there (MTD, Deere, Ariens) start using more Kohler, Tecumseh, Kawasaki, etc., engines?

John Deere GT 225 and 2305

Husqvarna 340

Honda UMK432LTA Trimmer

Bombardier Outlander 400XT

Briggs & Stratton Powerwasher to clean them all with.

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Simplicity
Reply #1   May 8, 2005 11:08 am
Yes, they were indeed purchases by Briggs.

Agco/Massey has been using the Simplicity lawn and garden tractors under their own badging for quite a few years now. Same machines different colors and label.

Do I think Briggs will purposely make it tough on MTD, Deere, Ariens, Toro, etc.? Nope. They're interested in selling engines to these companies, not cutting off some of their biggest buyers. From the others point of view, Honda, Kawa and Kohler to an extent, are pricey engines and I don't think they are real high on offering Tecumseh's. Well, MTD will because of price.
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Re: Simplicity
Reply #2   May 8, 2005 2:26 pm
see above ...he is correct as usual

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42