Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > OPE for Christmas?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

OPE for Christmas?
Original Message   Dec 25, 2004 10:55 pm
Did anyone get any OPE for Christmas? How about IPE?
Replies: 31 - 40 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Re: OPE for Christmas?
Reply #31   Dec 28, 2004 2:23 pm
Hi...

"...and I have a phone interview with IBM today for a 6-month contract located only 12 miles away... but that's for technical skills I haven't used in 5+ years... ...and perhaps some I do not have... ...I'll see when I/they find out more.."

Just spent 25 minutes on the phone interview with a technical person at IBM...
This interview was not about what I was told as I indicated above...
It's about an SAP/ABAP position that I'm most qualified for... and full-time with IBM...
...only 12 miles away ! No commute from hell... which I really... really... do not like...

The lady who I interviewed with (who is in charge of this development area) is recommending to her boss that they hire me... no follow-up or face-to-face interview... go figure !

Sometimes things happen when you least expect it !
But... not all by chance... I've been asking my deceased son for weeks to help find me a job I'll be happy with...
Guess this is one of those times he's actually listened to Dad... heee.... heee...
Now... if he can arrange an offer with a nice salary increase...

I know your positive thoughts have an effect too !

Thank you !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #32   Dec 28, 2004 2:38 pm
Very glad to hear that everything woked out just great for you.

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #33   Dec 28, 2004 2:56 pm
Excellent News!

Man that sounds great!

Keep us posted!

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
ChrisS

Reply #34   Dec 28, 2004 3:01 pm
Marty it's a Uniden 78 Elite, Uniden IMO still makes the best CB radio out there. It does not have SSB, they discontinued the Grant last year but I do have a XL and a LT so that is good.

They offered a $40 mail in rebate so I was able to pick up the radio with Peak and Tune from my Tech in VA and an adjustment to run a linear and payed for shipping. It is a very sweet radio I have to say.

Here's a pic.

Yes it is backlit for easy seeing at night, very sweet, now I just have to fit in time to use it with all the others lol....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Majorxlr8n

Reply #35   Dec 28, 2004 3:06 pm
Dave - THATS GREAT NEWS!!! I'm SOOO glad this worked out for you! Good things DO come to those who wait! Thats Awesome!! Keep us abreast of your progress with this & BEST OF LUCK!!!

Marty

This message was modified Dec 28, 2004 by Majorxlr8n

Majorxlr8n

Reply #36   Dec 28, 2004 3:12 pm
Chris - that IS a sweet radio! VERY nice!! You don't find too many folks into CB these days. I see you are interested in "mods" too. I bet she will be a great talker with that extra "helper"...

My 23ch Lafayette goes up to "50", 6w am output, 18w pep SSB. It always talked very well with the stock mic, but really came alive "upstairs"...

Marty

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #37   Dec 28, 2004 3:40 pm
CB's, gosh those days were great. I used to cruise around with my D-104 power mic with me in the truck, LOL.
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #38   Dec 28, 2004 3:58 pm
Dave

Doing a happy dance for you! That is soooo fantastic! Prayers and thoughts are with you!

And....I have to admit....I'm relieved to hear that you and Marshall won't be living in the same state... two lovers of OPE , mods on an OPE forum....no telling what kind of trouble you'd get into .... turn the streets into garden tractor race tracks, convince all the guys in town that the only colors they need to wear are Honda red or John Deere green, etc.... The poor state would never be the same....

Paula

ChrisS

Reply #39   Dec 28, 2004 4:05 pm
So true but we are still out there!

Radios have gotten quite nice over the years, I can link you to my favorite CB forum if you would like to read up on them.

Wow a 23 channel job, you are an Old Timer lol.... I would love to see a pic if you ever get one!

I am on the road for school as you know and use the radio extensively. I also like to shoot a little skip when I have time.

Here are my two latest radios that I picked up in the fall one for my B-day and one was a replacement for a radio I was having trouble with so my tech changed it out for the orange one. My tech did the blue and orang backlighting for me as a favor, very sweet.

The blue one is a collectors item now and no longer made, the orange model is a walk the dog and kick the cat screamer lol....

Lets just say with what I have sitting under the blue cloth on the floor in the pics and the significant antenna on my roof, you can hear me coming from a long way off if I want you too lol....

C

ChrisS

Reply #40   Dec 28, 2004 4:10 pm
Hey Marshall they still make that mic, I have one myself!

Run stock mics mostly as the two radios I posted, the stock mics are power mics....

Replies: 31 - 40 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42