Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Watch for potholes while fertilzing

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Watch for potholes while fertilzing
Original Message   May 1, 2005 8:28 pm
Well, this happen last weekend, A buddy of mine help me do my yards last saturday and we had two yards to fertlize.  Well on the first one we got done mowing and I told him why don't you fertlize the yard while I do some hedge trimming. He poured 5000 sq. ft. in my broad cast spreader and went to town. Well I needed some more lawn bags and came around the corner at the same time he hits a hole in the yard dumps out all the fertlizer and hits his knee on the bar on the back of the spreader that supports it when not in use. Well I kinda feel bad because he is over there yelling "oh my knee" I'm trying to hurry up and clean up the fertlizer,i tlod him I don't have no worker comp.  lol . I went back to the yard yesterday there is about a 3ft in dia. brown spot there. I explained to the man what happen thankfully he just laughed. So I think me and him both learned take your time when fertlizing lol.  later mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Termy

Re: Watch for potholes while fertilzing
Reply #1   May 1, 2005 8:51 pm
WOW, good story, I enjoyed reading. I am sorry about your accident! Well, think of it as a learning experiance. We all make mistakes, and thats ok as long as you learn from them. [wink]

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #2   May 1, 2005 9:38 pm
Was it from the chemical fertilizer or the natural fertilizer from his bowels right after he said oh sh*t?.
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #3   May 1, 2005 9:51 pm
LoL I dunno

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #4   May 1, 2005 11:10 pm
This spring I should have had my broadcast spreader on 4, but somehow it got on 6.  Nothing has happened to it yet. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42