Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Dig with care!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Dig with care!
Original Message   Apr 30, 2005 11:28 pm
Hi Guys!

I decided to  install edging around the shrub beds on my property instead of just deep edging . Last year I scalped the lawn next to the beds several times when the front wheel of my 21" walk behind went over the edge. Not a difficult job but I never realised that the cable TV line is burried less than 4" below the surface. I cut the line in several spots knocking out my TV and internet service.

I missed the trouble on this site and some important Emails which has caused me further embarassment. Not to mention the strain that not  having TV places on your marriage.

The cable guy told me I should have called before starting to dig so they could come out and mark the line. I told him the cable should be burried deeper than one shovel's depth. He responded by telling me that the code calls for a minumum of TWO inches.

To add insult to injury they are sending me a bill for $39.95.

Not a great couple of days,

Marc  

This message was modified Apr 30, 2005 by mml4

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Replies: 1 - 19 of 19View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 19 of 19View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42