Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > I needed a gas blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
cleanmaxx_brian

"At least I am enjoying the ride"

I needed a gas blower
Original Message   Apr 30, 2005 8:06 pm
Well of course when I was in need of advice, the forum decided to go kaput! So I was on my own

I needed a gas blower for home owner use. I wanted to replace my Toro electric blower so that I did not have to deal with the cord. Backpack was not nessesary as I don't have a lot to blow. (For the big jobs I have a Craftsman 4.5HP yard vac that has a big blower function! I can push leaves to the otherside of my neighbors property!!!) I did some research and ended up with the Echo BP200 from Home Depo. This unit is Echo's bottom of the line $159.00 blower but it is nice and light. I mixed up a fresh batch of gas and tried it out in the rain LOL and I think it will do the trick. As long as it blows as much as my electric I will be happy. It is also very quiet too...more so than I was expecting.

I also wanted to look into the Stihl but there are not very many dealers here. Redmax looked nice but heavy and more $$$ (My dealer who I got my Bradley 32 WB carries Echo and Redmax but did not have anything in my price range in stock.)

How did I do????

Lightweight, easy-to-use.
Echo's top selling hand-held blower.

• Engine Displacement (cc.) - 21.2
  • Carburetor - Diaphragm w/Purge Pump
  • Pro-FireŽ Electronic Ignition - STD
  • Fuel Capacity (fl. oz.) - 17
  • See-Thru Fuel Tank - STD
  • Helper Handle - N/A
  • Average Air Volume* (cfm-pipe) - 254
  • Average Air Volume** (cfm-housing) - 365
  • Max. Air Speed* (mph) - 136
  • Dry Weight*** (lbs.) - 8.8
  • Warranty - 2 yr. Consumer, 1 yr. Commercial. 90 day Rental

*Measured at end of pipe. **Measured at the housing. ***With standard pipes.

• Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
    Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
    Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
    AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
    Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
    Site by Take 42