Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Pennsylvania antique tractor show July 22-23, 2005

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Pennsylvania antique tractor show July 22-23, 2005
Original Message   Apr 27, 2005 3:55 pm
Activities include a tractor teeter-totter, tractor pulls, seminars on tractor history, good food, garden tractor pulls and more. Here is a link: 

http://www.roughandtumble.org/rt-misc/rt_jd_day_sched.asp

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Re: Pennsylvania antique tractor show July 22-23, 2005
Reply #1   Apr 27, 2005 7:40 pm
Hey BontaiJoe, Hey I'm not into the antique tractors to much, I was wondering if you ever heard of the florida flywheelers? thats the club my dad is a memeber of. I know he has a JD 4020. 3010 , an A , B  a Farmall super  M  and I think a H .He's got 12 in all.   You own any antiques?  later Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #2   Apr 28, 2005 9:13 am
Yep, the Florida Flywheelers are a very active club with several shows and events each year:

http://www.pbase.com/chip5259/tractor_show 

www.floridaflywheelers.org

The only antique I own is a 1978 Deere 316 , but I grew up next to a farm and have memories of the machines he used. Also since I have worked in a mechanical engineering environment for the past few decades, I'm fascinated with old machines. Sometimes newer isn't always better. I try to get to 5 or 6 shows up in my area each year. And I'm amazed at how many people I talk to that had no idea that these events take place right near where they live. Even my wife who is totally non-mechanical enjoys watching the antique tractor pulls. She is amazed that 40 , 50, even 70 year old machines can still work that well.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #3   Apr 28, 2005 4:10 pm
I agree Joe, i'm only 25 and i'm amazed everytime I go. I love listening to them JD diesels chug along ,that is just cool how a motor that runs so slow can have so much power! My dad has a huge shop out back and he spends hours in there just tinkering. I sent him that link you had on your first post. I'm sure if your ever down this way again he would like to talk to you at the flywheelers. The only tractor I have pulled there is a JD "A"  but his 4020 has only been beat one time that I know of and I think a oliver beat him. If you have any pictures or anything sned them to me i know he would like to see them.  later Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42