Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Going shopping.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Going shopping.
Original Message   Apr 24, 2005 9:25 pm
      Hi Gang. Tomorrow I'm going to hit a couple places and price some Simplicity and Husqvarna Tractors. With cutting my  elderly neighbors lawn now I can more justify the cost of a new mower. I'll be cutting at least 2 1/2 acres and then some. It's basically flat terrain with a fair amount of trees to work around. The heaviest hauling I do is mostly cart loads of firewood. I'm also going to be cutting a short path back into the woods and a path through her fields for approx. 1/4 mile distance.
     I'm basically looking at the Husqvarna XP series from a price standpoint. The only thing that I don't like about those is the fender mounted hydro shift. I prefer the foot controlled hydro. With the trees, I change speeds a lot. As for the Simplicity which is my preference, but much more costly, I'm going to price the Broadmoor and the Conquest series. The Broadmoor could be in reach financially, and the Conquest is a stretch. I've had 2 different Simplicity tractors since I've lived in my house, (24 years), and I hate to break tradition.  LOL.    They are just good solid tractors and the mower decks are hard to beat. Love them rollers. Original cap was $3000, but that can be stretched with the right deal and financing. The wife is even ok with it.  The lady next door is more than a neighbor, shes a good friend. My wife said what ever it takes to get the job done. So c'mon gang, give me a push. Get me off the fence. I bought the last 2 used, it would be nice to have a new one. Ya think.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Replies: 1 - 41 of 41View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 41 of 41View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42