Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Glad I got a 2 stroke snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Emmo

Glad I got a 2 stroke snowblower
Original Message   Apr 23, 2005 10:22 am
Apparantly the snow season may not yet be over......We are expecting up to 4 inches of snow locally with high winds.

Just north of us expectations are running 5-10 inches.

Glad I didn't summerize the blower already!  (and yes, i have already mowed grass here twice!)
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Re: Glad I got a 2 stroke snowblower
Reply #1   Apr 23, 2005 11:14 am
EMMO---Chilly  in the deep south also.  Supposed to be 40 degrees in the morning.   We are also very dry---irrigating  our (my wife,s) garden.   ---Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #2   Apr 23, 2005 12:43 pm
MID TO LOW 30'S IS BEING CALLED FOR IN OKLAHOMA TOO.
Termy

Reply #3   Apr 23, 2005 2:08 pm
I am so glad I don't live where you guys do!!!

I would go nuts of the sight of snow during april and after. Its supposed to be spring by now and then soon summer! We have been getting great weather here lately. Yesterday it was 70 degrees of sunny sunny sunny weather, ...YAY...

I like snow, just not that much. I rather be mowing than snowblowing lol.

Emmo

Reply #4   Apr 23, 2005 2:11 pm
I hear ya Termy.......

We've had a few days in the 80's already......really nice.

But if its going to snow, make it a bunch!

One last hurrah for the blower this year.
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #5   Apr 23, 2005 5:12 pm
Might get some snow here too next week, but it will melt quickly.

Around here you don't plant flowers or seed a new lawn for a few weeks. It can be too wet and cold. The grass seed will rot before it germinates.

The brief warm, dry spell last week has people out here watering their grass, which shouldn't be necessary as the grass is just starting to green. Terrible waste of treated water. 

Going to have to do battle with grubs in the lawn this year. Found them late last fall in a patch of lawn. My neighbor got them bad too. Digging/pulling up the sod and removing the grubs just under what is left of the roots of the turf. You hold the little !#&*!## in your hand and they uncurl as they warm up, and start to crawl away. Tickle the hand with those 4 little feet. Thought maybe I'd keep a few as pets, but found that city would require a license for each one, which would cost a bit for the dozens I had collected.  The vet won't spay/neuter them (can't tell the boy ones from the girl ones) which would make the licensing free, so I just diposed of them with extreme prejudice. Birds wouldn't eat them.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42